• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

And the PRT changes yet again

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
When will anyone ever be rowing on a battle field? Last time I checked people walk or run in battle. As a fairly strong cyclist I will likely never use the bike option for this reason. I realize many, if not all, of us will never see battle, but still.

My opinion, score the PRT and make it worth something. No point in having "grades" i.e. Excellent High, if it just Pass/Fail.

...off my soapbox

Treetop Flyer

pilot
When will anyone ever be rowing on a battle field? Last time I checked people walk or run in battle. As a fairly strong cyclist I will likely never use the bike option for this reason. I realize many, if not all, of us will never see battle, but still.

My opinion, score the PRT and make it worth something. No point in having "grades" i.e. Excellent High, if it just Pass/Fail.

...off my soapbox
How often do you run in shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers “on the battlefield?”

Or do pull ups?
Or push ups?
Or crunches?
Or planks?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

...off my soapbox
Not the point to replicate combat, where most Sailors will be manning a GQ station, not running on a battlefield. Measuring general fitness in a semi-standardized manner for a diverse group of people is the desired goal.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
How much? Asking for a friend.
$950 + tax from Amazon prime. Concept2 Model D w/ PM5. She rows beautifully.

I actually keep it in a nicer part of the house (in a study off the living room) and I use it a lot more than if I’d shoved it in a non climate controlled area.

kejo

pilot
If we're trying to simulate Navy "battle" conditions, let's just time how long everyone can hang in full firefighting gear while gutting a full lip of Cophenhagen before passing out. Or sitting under blue lights in cranked up A/C in a foul weather jacket before you fall asleep.