• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMEX Platinum

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Just signed up for a benefit I didn't know I had. TSA Pre-Check. Amex pays the fees.

And Global Entry should you so want. We just got it, pretty painless except we don't live near a major CBP airport and had to drive a bit for the interview. Global Entry confers precheck.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
And Global Entry should you so want. We just got it, pretty painless except we don't live near a major CBP airport and had to drive a bit for the interview. Global Entry confers precheck.
Not sure if they're currently doing the interviews with the shutdown going on. My own Global Entry application finally came back as ready for the next step (this interview). It only took them a couple months... musta been one hella super complicated background check, what with me being recently retired Navy, in CASS, and no felonies or misdemeanors.

DHS, government efficiency at its finest. /sarcasm

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Not sure if they're currently doing the interviews with the shutdown going on. My own Global Entry application finally came back as ready for the next step (this interview). It only took them a couple months... musta been one hella super complicated background check, what with me being recently retired Navy, in CASS, and no felonies or misdemeanors.

DHS, government efficiency at its finest. /sarcasm

Eh, I imagine it’s like a passport plus a bit more. Given the constraints, I think they’re doing a decent job. Coming back through JFK and clearing customs in 30 seconds was worth the wait.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
About to book a flight for work but it looks like American is the better option (direct vs. Delta's connections). I'll probably have a few hours of down time trying to get back home and since I won't have a Delta ticket, I can't get into their lounge. Anyone know of any other good places to chill for a bit at DFW? From what I've googled, it doesn't look like the Amex will help with anything.

I highly recommend downloading the AMEX app and using the lounge finder it has. It works phenomenally and even provides directions on how to find each lounge.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I highly recommend downloading the AMEX app and using the lounge finder it has. It works phenomenally and even provides directions on how to find each lounge.

Piggybacking on this post - get the Priority Pass App too, load your account info, and it will serve as your "e-card" for entrance into Priority Pass clubs.

AULANI

Piggybacking on this post - get the Priority Pass App too, load your account info, and it will serve as your "e-card" for entrance into Priority Pass clubs.
How do you load account info? It just asks me to pick a payment plan.

Duh, I figured it out.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot

Works for *most* PP clubs.

Some, mostly overseas, don’t take the electronic card.

Lookin at you, Nairobi International.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Works for *most* PP clubs.

Some, mostly overseas, don’t take the electronic card.

Lookin at you, Nairobi International.

Also Priority Pass at some places CONUS is "space available". At JFK Terminal 7, it's the Alaska Lounge, which has limits for Priority Pass members.

In general, Delta Skyclubs are plentiful and nice if you're flying Delta, but coffee/beer/wine/rail cocktails and decent snack food. Centurion Lounges are less plentiful, work with any airline, really nice, all booze free and awesome food, but can be *really* crowded. I think they either didn't understand how popular they'd be or just don't get the premium, larger airport real estate that Delta/American/United get for their branded clubs.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Best part of the Amex travel bennies, just flew from London to Dallas and the Centurion Lounge has a spa and showers. The DFW Centurion Lounge is awesome, even though it’s usually pretty busy. Nothing quite like getting a massage and taking a shower after the long flight.

Oh, and free upgrade to business on the way across didn’t hurt either :)