• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMEX Platinum

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The Hilton Anatole exec lounge is garbage. First one I’ve been routinely disappointed with.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good stuff, thanks for that, guys.
Knowing where you're headed, it will absolutely be worth it. If you all keep staying at the same hotel in Vegas, you'll hit Hilton Diamond status easily, and you'll get extra perks at the Grand Vacations with the Gold status that comes with the card. There's a Centurion lounge in the Vegas airport as well. Even if they didn't waive the annual fee, I would've easily gotten my money's worth having the Platinum Card for the last few years.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
FWIW - the AMEX Platinum has a new benefit - you get 2 $50 credits (split before June and after June) to spend at Saks 5th Avenue throughout the year.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
FWIW - the AMEX Platinum has a new benefit - you get 2 $50 credits (split before June and after June) to spend at Saks 5th Avenue throughout the year.
Of course given the high pricing and high margin on SFA clothing, well they aren't giving up much :)

Me, I'm a Brook Brothers man....

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Any chance you can buy gift cards with that credit? (Which can be given as gifts or sold through a gift card reseller?) If not, I suspect I can find some random gift for my mother-in-law that costs about $50 at Saks...

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Any chance you can buy gift cards with that credit? (Which can be given as gifts or sold through a gift card reseller?) If not, I suspect I can find some random gift for my mother-in-law that costs about $50 at Saks...

Like a bar spoon, a bar cutting board, and a sweet hoodie (not pictured...). $51.26

Attachments

• Stuff1.jpg
    Stuff1.jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 31

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

According to The Points Guy, no, they aren't valid for that, but his post hasn't tested it yet.
Like a bar spoon, a bar cutting board, and a sweet hoodie (not pictured...). $51.26

Dang. Well done. You're doing it right.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
So I've been mulling this one over. I opened my Sapphire Preferred (and later Reserve) both after commissioning and have been paying the associated fee. As I understand it, I am ineligible for the waiver because I opened the card after joining rather than before.

However, has anybody had any luck with closing their card at the 24-month mark and reopening a new account, thus re-earning the points benefit and also meriting a fee waiver thanks to reopening after 20 SEP 2017?

For all the years of my service remaining, I'd be pretty stoked to pull that off...

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
So I've been mulling this one over. I opened my Sapphire Preferred (and later Reserve) both after commissioning and have been paying the associated fee. As I understand it, I am ineligible for the waiver because I opened the card after joining rather than before.

However, has anybody had any luck with closing their card at the 24-month mark and reopening a new account, thus re-earning the points benefit and also meriting a fee waiver thanks to reopening after 20 SEP 2017?

For all the years of my service remaining, I'd be pretty stoked to pull that off...
Might be out of luck on the sign-up bonus:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-sapphire-bonus-waiting-period-now-48-months/

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot

IrishNavy05

pilot
Contributor
Call their military service department and apply for benefits under MLA rather than SCRA. They will waive the annual fee. Worked for me and several friends.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Call their military service department and apply for benefits under MLA rather than SCRA. They will waive the annual fee. Worked for me and several friends.

Did you open before Sep 2017? I got mine in Jan 17 and they were unwilling to waive under the MLA.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Not sure what I did but I got my card in Jan 17 (post commissioning), called in May of 17 and asked for SCRA benefits, and they applied them and did not charge me the $450 fee in Jan 18. Maybe just got lucky but I would try a few times to see if you can get a different customer support person to agree to do it.