• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO Board - Feb 22, 2016

exNavyOffRec

Yeah the ASVAB is adaptive too, but I don't know that the results are that much different than with a non-adaptive test. Maybe at the mid ranges there might be a notable change, but at either edge of the spectrum I imagine it'd be about the same. No idea. But at least with the paper version you could study and prepare for the ASTB portion; with this new version you really can't.

The types of questions are the same, so studying should be the same, but as it is adaptive it finds the ceiling of your knowledge and then that is where you are at. On a paper test if you make a mistake and put say the wrong answer for 2+2 as 3, it is wrong, but with the adaptive test if you get that wrong it will go to say 2+1, then if you get that right it will continue to get harder so that one mistake can be overcome.

the thing that is different is using the joystick vice looking on the paper and picking a direction.

JORGE

Thanks!

AD1 - 9 Years (3 years as E6)
OAR - 46
BA in Organizational Management - 3.04
Officer PPME KNO Courses (B1 - B7)
NAM-x4, MOVSM, FLOC-x2
Interviews with 3 CDR 1520's, 2 LCDR 1520s, 1 LT 6330
2015 SOY
EP,EP,EP

#1 Alternate following the 7 selectees.
Thanks, happy for you.

I know the scores where I was at saw scores go up on the ASTB E, less people with scores under 5 and more people getting 8's and 9's.

Yeah we had a girl come in a score 69, 9, 9, 9 (or maybe 8s? Can't remember). But we've had way more come in and score low 30s (if that) and 4s and 5s. Part of it I think is the format...particularly the first section. It can be a bit confusing when you first see it. The other sections require a lot of coordination, but I think the scoring is a bit forgiving. I've seen people that looked like they were nowhere near the cursor but still scored 5s and 6s.

wow, one of the OR's that was arriving as I left had lunch with me as he was nearing the end of his time, since the change to E format he didn't have a single person fail (less than 35)

Yeah well where were you recruiting out of? The education system down here isn't exactly spectacular...we have people cutting 6 or 7 on the practice ASVAB...or even less. It's terrible, I'm not even kidding.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah well where were you recruiting out of? The education system down here isn't exactly spectacular...we have people cutting 6 or 7 on the practice ASVAB...or even less. It's terrible, I'm not even kidding.

yes, very true, the west coast tends to have higher scores than the south or mid-west, there was a chart years ago that USMEPCOM put out that showed the average of scores throughout the US, the middle and south of the US were the lowest.

yes, very true, the west coast tends to have higher scores than the south or mid-west, there was a chart years ago that USMEPCOM put out that showed the average of scores throughout the US, the middle and south of the US were the lowest.

Yeah that's not exactly surprising...pretty sad, but not surprising.