• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMCSB

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you kidding? I cannot imagine a more perfect fit.
I imagine being able to instill more fear . . . but maybe that's because my mental picture is a then-JO looking at a then-damn dirty hinge. :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Come on - Francis is beloved. :)
Once upon a time, Jimmy Buffett wrote and recorded a cheesy 70s song called "Frank and Lola" about the aforementioned couple "on their second honeymoon in Pensacola." I found it, and cracked up the ready room playing it in front of our two BFFs when I was SDO . . .

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Honestly, probably more "sea" than either of the VFA CDREs, given that the VP CDREs are more than just man/train/equip, and are generally more competitive for flag.
The VFA and helo CDREs are major command ashore because that’s where they’re parked. VAQ is also listed as “at sea.” Is that because of the expeditionary land-based capability of VP and VAQ? It’s not like VAQ isn’t eligible for CVW, right?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The VFA and helo CDREs are major command ashore because that’s where they’re parked. VAQ is also listed as “at sea.” Is that because of the expeditionary land-based capability of VP and VAQ? It’s not like VAQ isn’t eligible for CVW, right?
@Brett327 will likely have more insight, but I assume that VAQ is listed as “at sea” because (like you mentioned) the CDRE is the ISIC for the five VAQ expeditionary squadrons.

VAQ is eligible for CVW, but it doesn’t happen particularly often. The only current VAQ CAG is a former RAG CO, and that seems to be the most common route for VAQ guys and gals to pick up CVW.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing to do with CVW, really. Just that the “at sea” CDREs are part of the operational CoC vice the man/train/equip role of the ashore ones.