• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I the only one?

MasterBates

I get a feeling I am underarmed when I arrive at the airport, but then again, I went to college in a run down rust belt town that was always in the top 10 for murder rates.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not an Academy guy, but I have a recurring college dream. It's the end of the semester and I realize that I had forgotten to go to one class (usually English/Literature). All semester.
And when you wake up, the "college" that the dream happened in always seems to look nothing like your real-life alma mater. Though for me it was never a midterm; always finals week. It's getting to the point that I'm far enough removed from college that I wake up in a terror, look around, and just think "dammit, mind. That was a waste of a good dream," roll over, and go back to sleep.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I don't have any dreams/nightmares but I still get a pit in my stomach when I see the exit for the Citadel off of I-26.
Yup. Just passed said exit on my way to folly yesterday. I shudder to think about going to Charleston for other than drinking my face off and going to the beach.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
I'm not an Academy guy, but I have a recurring college dream. It's the end of the semester and I realize that I had forgotten to go to one class (usually English/Literature). All semester.

Oh Lord! I'd almost forgotten about that one. I've been out of college 26 years but I just got a cold chill. I also remember that the dream was usually accompanied by the dread that I don't even know what building or room the class was supposed to be in.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh Lord! I'd almost forgotten about that one. I've been out of college 26 years but I just got a cold chill. I also remember that the dream was usually accompanied by the dread that I don't even know what building or room the class was supposed to be in.
It seems like whatever the class subject is, you've never heard of it or have any idea how to fake it. The thought process I remember most is the panicked rationalizations and hurried thoughts as to how I'm going to BS my way through things.

Renegade One

None
And when you wake up, the "college" that the dream happened in always seems to look nothing like your real-life alma mater. Though for me it was never a midterm; always finals week. It's getting to the point that I'm far enough removed from college that I wake up in a terror, look around, and just think "dammit, mind. That was a waste of a good dream," roll over, and go back to sleep.
That part's been true for me, too. In my dream, I know it's my college...but everything looks different, the rooms aren't familiar, I'm just sorta generally fucked up and KNOW I'm going to totally tube this course.

Seriously, any version of this has been ID'd as one of the most recurrent dreams experienced by "baby boomers" (and later gens, obviously...) who had a college experience. Have no idea what it means, except perhaps that we all have a shared "fear of being a total douchebag". Gut it out until the Olivia Wilde version (eventually) comes to the part of your frontal lobe that controls this.

BackOrdered

Contributor

Same here. Can't even find the freaking class to collect my F.....

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My last semester, senior year, I had to take a BS pre-req for my major. I signed up for "Intro to Recreation." The text book was written on an 8th grade level. There were several athletes in the class, if you know what I mean. I should have easily earned an A in the class. One problem. I didn't go very much. Honestly, I only really remember the first day of class. I'm sure I went more than that, but I have no recollection. I don't even remember taking the final, though I must have since I got a B (I just looked it up on my OMPF).

I haven't had the dream in a few years, but for a while, I'd occassionally have a dream that I missed the final for this class and I couldn't graduate and commission. Sometimes it was hard to distinguish between reality and the dream since I can't remember anything about the class.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
USNA ...No shit, I wake up in a cold sweat.
How about the one where you wake up hungover at 0630 on graduation morning in your ex-girlfriend's bed in DC. You scream "OH, SHIT!" drive 85 mph down route 50, scramble to put together choker whites while the rest of the class is forming up for graduation and you finally make it in time to walk sans a shave. Oh, wait that was my (our) actual graduation day...

Renegade One

None
How about the one where you wake up hungover at 0630 on graduation morning in your ex-girlfriend's bed in DC. You scream "OH, SHIT!" drive 85 mph down route 50, scramble to put together choker whites while the rest of the class is forming up for graduation and you finally make it in time to walk sans a shave. Oh, wait that was my (our) actual graduation day...
This one is probably "unique" to you Boat-Schoolers... :) But I like it...

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Any priors ever dream they are enlisted again? Every couple months I have a dream where the detailer sends me back to the boat, but even though I'm a JO I still have to stand Engine Room Lower Level watch. (dirty and not fun!)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Totally had the same "Didn't go to class all semester" dream, too. Totally terrifying WRT BDCP and in general. Also, had the "Start all over again" dream recur constantly after OCS, SERE and any other ridiculous evolution that I'd never want to do again. Weird, the commonalities we share but don't often compare notes on.

MasterBates

Worst recurring nightmare ever, starts off good because I'm flying. Then I notice I'm flying a 60B. Then I figure out I'm back in JAX, in a HSL squadron. That's not the bad part.

In this nightmare, I'm still fucking married to the Manatee! That is some cold sweat inducing shit. Like bed soaked with sweat terror.