• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I in trouble?

MasterBates

What are these toll booths you speak of in FL? That is a problem localized to the Miami area becasuse the residents of South New York missed them.

I NEVER paid a toll aside from the bridge to PCola beach in the 5 years I was in FL.

mc282000

What are these toll booths you speak of in FL? That is a problem localized to the Miami area becasuse the residents of South New York missed them.

I NEVER paid a toll aside from the bridge to PCola beach in the 5 years I was in FL.

My experience doesn't go much beyond the Orlando area. I've been to P'cola and Miami once each and can't recall whether they were toll booth ridden or not. As for Orlando, the tolls seem like they're about every mile or two on the major freeways.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I should clarify my time in Florida has been in the Southern Georgia/South Eastern Alabama region, so no toll bridges yet. I've payed more tolls going over the Coronado Bridge.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
The bee line expy from Orlando to Cape Canaveral is a toll road, and so is the FL Turnpike from Miami thru Orlando. Also, that town in between Jacksonville and Gainesville (Either Starke or Waldo, can't remember) could practically be considered a toll road because of all the speeding tickets they give to people running the Jacksonville - UF route.

FastMover

NFO
None
Also, that town in between Jacksonville and Gainesville (Either Starke or Waldo, can't remember) could practically be considered a toll road because of all the speeding tickets they give to people running the Jacksonville - UF route.

Waldo is a nationally famous speed trap. AAA has billboards on both ends of town warning people to slow down. Amazingly people still get pulled there quite often. Their police chief just retired, so maybe they will lay off (they probably won't).

There is another small town about 5 miles north of Waldo called Hampton that is even worse. It seems that during the past year or so the Hampton PD has put Waldo to shame wrt the number of tickets written. My commute to UF went through both towns and I would usually see someone pulled in Hampton at least every other day.

Trev82

pilot
the bridge toll in coronado was removed a few years ago...but yes it SUCKED to have to buy a book or if i didn't know i had run out of tickets and had no money to drive all the way down the five then up through i.b. just to get home..thank god its gone.