• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I F*&$'D

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
I think it is more impressive to maintain a 3.75 than to bring a 1.5 to a 2.7.
imho

I would shoot for the spot at OCS, you definitely have enough time to bring your GPA up to that level. But, it would not hurt to apply for BDCP, you never know, and you can always apply for OCS if you get turned down. Good luck!

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
jg5343 said:
I think it is more impressive to maintain a 3.75 than to bring a 1.5 to a 2.7.
imho
QUOTE]

Hey, I am just repeating what he said.

It doesn't matter how you get there, just so you get there! But if you think about it, they are both equally difficult. To pull a 1.5 to 2.7 or higher, after 2 years of college you have to make at least 3.5 every semester to get that 2.7 or higher.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
yeah, right now, my gpa's have been: 1.56 (NROTC), 2.96 (i was still recovering), 3.15 (last sem, with calc II and many many annoying classes), and i don't know about this semester with chemistry (not doing that bad though; B's in chem and physics, A in first aid...) i hope i can make it into BDCP, PLC, or NROTC... still, my dream's to get into the academy, because, i just can't say no to the ring!!!

Aviator3000

Im pretty sure at my school, they will take the highest grade if you make a class up, meaning the lower grade doesn't count against you, I know I can bring the GPA up, I plan on making up two lab classes over the summer, that will set me up good come the fall, I know I can get up to a 2.7, and definitely higher then that, would a great ASTB score make up for GPA shortcomings? Do they give you a physical test, I am in phenom shape, I would kick ass there, what about LOR's how many do you need, I want to know what I have to do to be competitive, would swimming laps around the english channel help, I'll do whatever it takes

jg5343

pilot
Jolly Roger said:
To pull a 1.5 to 2.7 or higher, after 2 years of college you have to make at least 3.5 every semester to get that 2.7 or higher.

You just proved me right, 3.75 over 4 years is much more impressive than a 3.5 or better for only 2 years after bombing the 1st two years. I am not trying to burst any bubbles, I am very impressed with the results you have earned by finally working hard, but the way it looks to the board is different. The bottom line is that hard work will always pay off so keep at it and something good is bound to happen.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
DEFINITELY YOUR OSO RECRUITER!!! i'm not saying that the navy enlisting recruiter will screw you over (well, he may), but just be careful with those guys... it's always the sweet talk, then right to the paper signing...

jg5343

pilot
Agreed! Don't even talk to the enlisted recruiters. Go straight to the Officer's recruiter. The enlisted guys will try to 'talk' you into their chair. They can be very convincing, especially once they get wind of a low GPA. I worked in the recruiting office as an enlisted man, trust me on this. IGNORE THEM. You are too far along and too motivated to worry about being prior enlisted.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
jg5343 said:
You just proved me right, 3.75 over 4 years is much more impressive than a 3.5 or better for only 2 years after bombing the 1st two years. I am not trying to burst any bubbles, I am very impressed with the results you have earned by finally working hard, but the way it looks to the board is different. The bottom line is that hard work will always pay off so keep at it and something good is bound to happen.

Like I said it was his statement and his opinion. I think the reason that he feels that way is because it shows motivation! Now, before you jump all over me, I think that some with a 3.75 is motivated. Yes, I agree with you that hard work pays off. :icon_mi_1

Like I said in my last post, it doesn't matter how you get there, just that you get there. :icon_mi_1

Aviator3000

Do any of you guys know where I would find an officer recruiter? Or would you know how to find out where I would find an officer recruiter?

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Just to say again what everyone else is saying. Keep up the good work. I got Pro Rec'd with a 2.85 and I'm waiting on my final select. If your GPA is lower, do some leadership stuff in college. Play a sport. Do stuff that will help your app!!

Aviator3000

NeoCortex, would joining Air Force ROTC locally (not on scholarship) help my chances, as far as leadership is concerned? I would go with navy ROTC but they don't offer it anywere close to were I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.