• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things MV-22 Osprey

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The gun part's easy. The hard part is getting 3 guys to hang underneath the aircraft on gunner's belts to fire the gun!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The gun part's easy. The hard part is getting 3 guys to hang underneath the aircraft on gunner's belts to fire the gun!

Especially the poor guy who has to pull the cord to fire it... he ends up swinging towards the gun at the worst possible moment. :)

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
From what the gun bunnies say, the 777 is even more of a maintenance hog than a V-22!

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
4739499935_c7b7de7d94.jpg

U.S. Marine V-22 Osprey approaches the flight deck aboard USS Wasp (LHD 1) during nighttime flight deck evolutions. Wasp is currently underway conducting deck landing and engineering qualifications. U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communications First Class Rebekah Adler/Released by MCC Antuan Guerry.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Anytime the sun's beow the horizon, it's low light as far as many are concerned.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Way to lay the smackdown in the comments phrogdriver :) Not bad for a "Bell-Boeing PR hack" !

+1 to Phrogdriver for handily beating back Vstress and his brother Daryll. Can't figure out if they're Tools or Trolls. Certainly could be card-carrying members of the Osprey Hater clubs founded by g2mil and the so-called Red Ribbon Panel who can only be found to have one member, the modern day Rumplestilskein founder who was a former Jolly Green driver.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
845ba7a8.jpg

Cannon capabilities exercise
A CV-22 Osprey lands during a capabilities exercise as opposition forces look on June 26, 2010, at Cannon Air Force Base, N.M. (U.S. Air Force photo/Airman 1st Class Maynelinne De La Cruz)

gstapes12

BDCP FS Pilot
Just got an hour of time in the V-22 sim at NAS PAX River... I wish the Navy flew the osprey, it was awesome!

chefmike

Post to the Moderators, could anyone please direct me to the MV22 training pipeline I just spent a day or so searching for it and scanning/reading the 39 pages of this thread. I think it would be a good idea to have a new thread that tells you how to become a pilot of one of these bad boys. Sorta like 1. complete TBS. 2. get stashed at XXXXX
You get the picture.
Thanks,
Mike

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
^ You get MV22s just like any other platform. Apply for SNA, complete training, put it on your dream sheet, hope the needs of the service agree with your dream sheet, be #1 in flight school, etc.

You want your own thread? Start one.

chefmike

Thanks HAL, I think my confusion is where in the pipeline does the path diverge. Pointy nose guys go one place Helo's go another, Maritime go another direction. That is where I get lost. Do you go through rotary, multi-engine, both or a hybrid?

Edit: maybe someone with his MSPP warfare pin could post one of those cool slides with all the graphics and arrows... :)