• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airlines to Military?

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
whats a pollyanna?

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe that the Pollyanna is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era...

ron_burgundy_sleazy.jpg

P3 F0

None
Flytpay - 737driver never claimed to be a Captain or that Captains flew with 200 hours. He just said there are young Captains.
He also said guys are flying 737's with less than 200 hours. That's the bullshit claim, as I and FLYTPAY have pointed out--it takes that long just to get your commercial, nevermind Instrument, multi-engine, and ATP.

This 737 guy is a blithering idiot. Or Otto and Dingo are right. Most likely both.

nugget81

pilot
He also said guys are flying 737's with less than 200 hours. That's the bullshit claim, as I and FLYTPAY have pointed out--it takes that long just to get your commercial, nevermind Instrument, multi-engine, and ATP.

According to CFR Part 61, an applicant would need at least 250 hours to apply for a Commercial Certificate. However, under an approved Part 141 syllabus, that number can be substantially less. I had a mere 210 hours total time when I received my Commercial Multi & Single ticket with Instrument rating. I'm sure there were guys with less time than myself.

As for the ATP, you don't need it to sit right seat in a CRJ. However, you do need the minimum 1500 hours with all its particularities (xxx of night time, xxx of PIC, etc.)

Lastly, when I was graduating college there were guys who had the same ratings as I did that had around 250 hours and a CRJ simulator course, that were getting picked up for right seat spots in a CRJ. Given this information I find the OP's comments to be in line with what is actually happening out on the line today.

Still don't believe me? Check out Oxford Aviation Academy's training outline. You can go from zero to First Officer in less than 200 hours. Scary, huh? ;)

P3 F0

None
I'm getting this from the JAA in Europe, not FAA. He was talking Europe vice US.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
concur w/ Nugget....I had about 240-250 TT when I picked up my commercial ticket. I can't see how anyone could do it in much less time, esp under 200 hrs. Isn't Europe mostly IFR flying anyways?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
For the record, I don't doubt 737driver's claim of 200 hours to the right seat of a 737. It happens all the time outside the U.S.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
You mean that the Regs/Old timers get their asses kicked by an old Japanese dude and Ralph Macchio?

Well it depends on who Miyagi is in the forum and who plays Daniel-San..

The comparison could still hold water. Point being Billy Zabka was an 80's "bad ass".