• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airline forums?

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
Of course Bunk you could just punch and spend 4 years trying to break the code like I have. Instead I've gone the Air Funk route for reserves and enjoyed living through the idea of making $$$ like Boom Boom.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Oh well, it's only money and fame right??

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Of course Bunk you could just punch and spend 4 years trying to break the code like I have. Instead I've gone the Air Funk route for reserves and enjoyed living through the idea of making $$$ like Boom Boom.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Oh well, it's only money and fame right??

Wow, resurrected almost a year later.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
KP.. Quit whining and get a job.. Sorry bout not calling you back.. Had to go to work last night.. It does happen on occasion... :p

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
Hey HH it's been a busy year, can't keep up with all this internet job searching crap. I'm off for a few days or maybe a year and there's a 1,000 new posts and then some in that time.

Huggy Bear

pilot
Airline Pilot Central is a good site. Their forums are a bit more mature and they have detailed salary information on every airline in the US.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Hey HH it's been a busy year, can't keep up with all this internet job searching crap. I'm off for a few days or maybe a year and there's a 1,000 new posts and then some in that time.

Hey, no problem... I am glad you did because I found a couple good resources from the thread.

ojt23

boom boom, just curious, what makes someone competitive for one of the major carriers or corporate. Also, any opinion on NetJets?
Thanks,
OJ

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
boom boom, just curious, what makes someone competitive for one of the major carriers or corporate. .....
That's kinda like asking: What is the secret of life??

I'm not Boom Boom, but you show yourself to be in the JRB @ Ft. Worth and flying ?? That's one of the best places in the world to get your question asked and answered.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
boom boom, just curious, what makes someone competitive for one of the major carriers or corporate. Also, any opinion on NetJets?
Thanks,
OJ
You're profile says your a rotor head - get a couple of thousand of hours in multi turbine fixed wing aircraft. You'll need it for either a major or Net Jets (NJ is 2500 hours minimum I think). For you, that means you're probably going to have to suck it up at a regional. Or get into a VR squadron.

Net Jets - For someone with the fixed-wing time, NJs is a pretty good gig. I'd go there before going to a regional any day. Their starting pay is actually livable and their overall pay down the road beats any regional. Good QOL with multiple schedule options including 7 on / 7 off if you want stability or a reserve schedule with a limited number of "hard" days off if you are flexible and want a bigger paycheck. They are in the process of voting on a new contract that will give them 100+ pilot gateways to choose from (i.e. no commute). The new contract also has significant pay raises and more scheduling options. If I hadn't gotten recalled at Hawaiian, I was going to start knocking on their door. They can definitely be a career type job.

Corporate gigs need less fixed wing time but also require a lot more luck to get a good one. Right place / right time / know the right people type of thing. There are some corporate jobs that want dual qualified pilots so you might use your helo time to your advantage there.

Huggy Bear

pilot
Hal,
Have you seen their new first year pay. High 60's. They will be flooded with apps. I'd add mine, but their 2500 hours minimum is not fighter friendly. It seems like only the big majors lower their total time enough to get pointy nose military types.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Thanks,
OJ

First you have to meet the minimums and those can be found on respective company websites or airlinepilotcentral. The mins are what you must have everything else just breaks your resume apart from the others. Don't know too much about Netjets but it sounds like a fairly good deal. Don't know anybody there personally...

For those still in or thinking of getting out.. You need to fly!!!
#1 most important minimum is PIC time! And more doesn't hurt!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Hal,
Have you seen their new first year pay. High 60's. They will be flooded with apps. I'd add mine, but their 2500 hours minimum is not fighter friendly. It seems like only the big majors lower their total time enough to get pointy nose military types.
I'm an airline guy at heart but I'd go Net Jets in a heartbeat over a regional. I know a few guys furloughed from majors that are staying at Net Jets rather than accept recall. Good gig soon to be a great gig.

phrogpilot73

So just out of curiousity, I know that helo time in the log book as just about as effective as putting "I once had gonorrhea, but I got a shot and it cleared up" on my resume but I'll ask anyway.

So let's say you rack up 2,000 hours of rotary wing time and on your own get an ATP and 500 hrs multi. You have 200 hours of rotary wing instrument time and 100 hours of fixed wing instrument time. NetJets requires 2,500 hours of total pilot time, 500 hours of multi, and 250 hours of instrument time. Would you meet the mins for them? Or would they look at it as 500 hours of total pilot time, and 2,000 hours of the "AIDS of flight time"?