• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Air Force Reserve Inter Service Transfer

silver236

Greetings All,
I am a long time lurker of this forum and I just want to say thank you all for the advice that I received over the course of my Marine Corps career. I was recently selected to fly for a C-130 unit in the Air Force Reserve so if you are thinking about transitioning and flying for the Air Force, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I just went through the entire process myself and I pretty much have all the gauge you need. I am an 0602 so as long as you meet their requirements, you should be good.

Griz882

Livin' On the Right Side of the River From Pags!
pilot
Greetings All,
I am a long time lurker of this forum and I just want to say thank you all for the advice that I received over the course of my Marine Corps career. I was recently selected to fly for a C-130 unit in the Air Force Reserve so if you are thinking about transitioning and flying for the Air Force, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I just went through the entire process myself and I pretty much have all the gauge you need. I am an 0602 so as long as you meet their requirements, you should be good.
Congratulations! Going from a comms officer to a C-130 driver, will you now attend AF flight school or does the unit train you up?

silver236

All Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard guys attend UPT (Undergraduate Pilot Training) with the Regular AF guys. The only difference is that Reserve and Guard guys don't have to compete for an airframe since they already know what they're going to be flying once they return to their unit.