• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

After Retirement for Helos

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Pfizer looking for SIC for S-76

Pfizer (the drug company) is very much recruiting for a pilot to fly their Sikorsky S-76 out of Teterboro, NJ. Full dual pilot IFR program. Nice perks I bet!

Posting Title: Captain - Rotary Wing
Job Requisition: 046605

Job Duties:
To serve as a Corporate Helicopter Pilot on the Company’s helicopters. (Currently S76C+). Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule to include overnights, nights, weekends and holidays in support of the Company’s goals. Must be available for on-call duty within one hour of the Mercer County Airport.

Serve as a member of a flight crew accomplishing the safe and orderly completion of assigned flights. Perform preflight, post flight and in-flight crewmember related duties. Must also be willing to perform non-flight related duties to include but are not limited to updating of A/C flight manuals/publications, navigation charts, participation in various Safety/Operational related projects as assigned by the Rotary Wing Chief Pilot or Aviation Director.
Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree, Helicopter ATP, minimum of 3,000 hours total time in helicopters; 1,000 Pilot-in-Command in helicopters; 1,000 Turbine PIC in helicopter. Must possess and maintain a current FAA First Class Medical and FCC permit.
Individual must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills with a strong commitment to customer service. Individual will represent the company in a professional manner at all times. Individual must have knowledge of, prescribe to and have demonstrated a commitment to Pfizer’s Values.

Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for Pfizer. Pfizer retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.

Foreign nationals whose eligibility to work requires visa sponsorship, or maintenance of nonimmigrant visa status (e.g., H-1B, J-1, L-1, O-1, TN) may not be eligible for this position.

http://www.pfizer.com/pfizer/are/careers/fr_find.jsp

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
MB,

I will add a couple of closing comments. From what I've seen I will (painfully) say that Navy/Marine helo guys have an easier time transitioning to the commercial environment. This is because Army installations are so damned big that a pilot could spend his first tour (pre 9-11) and rarely if ever fly off the reservation being forced to utilize ATC or deal with complicated airspace. The sea services on the other hand are usually smack in the middle of Class B and C wherever they go and forced to navigate the airspace system or die. Just an observation. At least in the Army, GWOT has spawned a new era of aviators; a growing number that have multi-thousand hours/combat time, but couldn't file an IFR clearance or plan a VFR flight to save their careers, but they can tear up some low level overseas.

Lastly Martin...if you indeed decide to pursue Army aviation, I'd highly recommend NOT referring to Warrant officers and Navy/USMC as "full" officers in the same sentence. It's frowned upon:eek:)

Mike-