• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AF student pilots receive NJP

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, that seems pretty harsh. I'm sure there's "more than meets the eye."

Brett

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
The problem with AF emergecy procedures quizzes:

They are not quizzing you on either emergencies or procedures. These things are very deceptive and certainly from my experience at Vance, they are not doing what their name implies. You are given a list of subjects to study for each one beforehand. On just about every test, they either asked questions about the most obscure/irrevalent parts of what they told you to study or asked about things that were not on the list to study. Add on top of that, if you didn't get an 85% or better, you didn't fly till you did.

So honestly, seeing this report doesn't suprise me one bit considering the cut-throat nature of primary flight training (37s are AF version of primary/intermediate). I wish there were more details to say exactly what they did/ how they did it/who "caught" them (I'm almost willing to bet a classmate turned them in to better their stock, but this is only me speculating), b/c that article is EXTREMELY vague.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
This has been ongoing for awhile... I heard about this through the grapevine back in March before it was made public...

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Hell the EP test I took here at Corpus had several wrong answers on it. But I can't let a chance to sh!t on the air farce pass by, Jaxs is probably right about the fellow stud. And since its on the AF website, its probably tailored to instill fear in other studs. Maybe?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I'm sure everyone's heard the old sayings:

1. If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' hard enough.
2. Only the dumb ones get caught.

Granted, we dont have all the details here, but to me it seems kind of dumb to cheat on a test related to something that will save your life. Or is that just me? If it was a STUD who ratted them out, though... Well, it would seem that playground rules should apply: Beat the fVcker senseless, take his lunch money, and sing little rhymes while he/she cries!

I think, perhaps, that things over on that side of the house are still a little touchy after the whole Lt Napoleon thing. Oh well, whatever.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I wonder if there is gouge in Air Force flight training and if used, is it considered cheating? I remember the only test I failed during flight school was the aero exam at VT-31. I had heard that the best way to pass it was to use the gouge. I decided to go at it alone and ended up with a 72%, mostly because I'm a rock. I have to go see the student control officer and he throws in front of me the gouge and says to use it. I think I got a 96% on the retake. Live by the gouge, die by it, survive by it.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'd like to know how they were cheating. Were they turning to the next guy and saying,"Dude, was that land as soon as practicable or possible?" or were they bringing crib sheets, PCLs, etc in?

bunk22 said:
I wonder if there is gouge in Air Force flight training and if used, is it considered cheating?

It's much more serious in the AF. It still occurs, but unofficially (from what I've been told)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's WAY more to this story than that article presents. Baseops.net has had a lot of good threads covering it. Go over there and use the search function, keyword "gouge". Bottom line, there were guys with the actual tests and the answers on crib sheets.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
There's WAY more to this story than that article presents. Baseops.net has had a lot of good threads covering it. Go over there and use the search function, keyword "gouge". Bottom line, there were guys with the actual tests and the answers on crib sheets.

I'd say about 90% of military test reviews are the "actual test"

If you're so dumb that you can't listen while they're giving you the test and need a cheat sheet for it... then maybe you shouldn't make the cut.

ip568

None
They are not quizzing you on either emergencies or procedures. These things are very deceptive and certainly from my experience at Vance, they are not doing what their name implies. You are given a list of subjects to study for each one beforehand. On just about every test, they either asked questions about the most obscure/irrevalent parts of what they told you to study or asked about things that were not on the list to study. Add on top of that, if you didn't get an 85% or better, you didn't fly till you did.

Welcome to NATOPS! If you can't take the program, better DOR now.