• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AF student pilots receive NJP

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
ip568 said:
Welcome to NATOPS! If you can't take the program, better DOR now.

thank god there's some difference between communities

the second that I can fix a hydraulic valve while I'm flying, I'll break out the book and learn where the damn thing is :p

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
ip568 said:
They are not quizzing you on either emergencies or procedures. These things are very deceptive and certainly from my experience at Vance, they are not doing what their name implies. You are given a list of subjects to study for each one beforehand. On just about every test, they either asked questions about the most obscure/irrevalent parts of what they told you to study or asked about things that were not on the list to study. Add on top of that, if you didn't get an 85% or better, you didn't fly till you did.

Welcome to NATOPS! If you can't take the program, better DOR now.

Hey, if you know the PSI on both sides of the Pfetzer valve, you probably know all the big stuff too.

As an IP, you get some briefs where the SNA tries the "Blitz" technique of explaining a system. He'll came at you hard with a lot of diagrams and numbers on a white board, hoping that you'll recognize that he's put a lot of effort in and that you'll just tell him to stop. As an IP you have to step back and ask the big picture questions. If he knows those, than double-bonus pts for him. Sometimes he doesn't, and one needs to tell him to refocus his efforts.