• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AF Honchos Fired

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
The focus of US Intel was the USSR during the Cold War, not the Middle East. And Afghanistan was after the ADM Turner's 'Halloween Massacre'.

I'm not arguing that the middle east was the focus. But there was HUMINT resources in that area that were lost. Also Carter was after the Halloween Massacre, which is what I was primarily referring to.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Shoot a lot of our HUMINT problems in the Middle East deteriorated when Carter pushed for more satellites and less feet on the ground.

There is no replacement for a human.
People who scream for more HUMINT, as a rule, tend not to have actually worked with HUMINT. HUMINT is messy, hard, ambiguous, misleading, contradictory, and often wrong. Sometimes it is pure gold. Of course, people want the latter, not the former; the real trick is telling the good stuff from the bad stuff.

Don't get me wrong - technical intelligence has its strengths and limitations too. Like a lot of things in life, balance is what is required. What that right balance exactly is constitutes a hard question....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
People who scream for more HUMINT, as a rule, tend not to have actually worked with HUMINT. HUMINT is messy, hard, ambiguous, misleading, contradictory, and often wrong. Sometimes it is pure gold. Of course, people want the latter, not the former; the real trick is telling the good stuff from the bad stuff.

Don't get me wrong - technical intelligence has its strengths and limitations too. Like a lot of things in life, balance is what is required. What that right balance exactly is constitutes a hard question....

Ah, so true. If I believed every HUMINT report out there, I would hiding under my desk with tin foil hat.

I'm not arguing that the middle east was the focus. But there was HUMINT resources in that area that were lost. Also Carter was after the Halloween Massacre, which is what I was primarily referring to.

Eh, you got a line on all of the guys fired?

ADM Turner firing 800 DO types at the CIA, that 'Halloween massacre' was under Carter.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So then, can we look for the F-22 to finally die a quiet death once the new leadership is seated? The AF Fighter Mafia is plenty bad.

Bevo16

pilot
The future is here. Beginning tomorrow, Joint Forces Command is initiating time sheet accountability w/ "SLDCADA." Don't even know what it stands for, but it is a Navy developed program the civil service personnel initially used and now the 4-star wants to use for military as well.

The stated purpose is that the General wants to better understand where the money is going, so if you work 3 hours on Project X, you log 3 hours against Project X. At the end of Project X, he will have a feel for how much manpower it took, so that when similar Project X1 comes along, they will know how much manpower to throw at it. Instead of Projects, the Command has identified 21 core competencies and you bill your time against one of those areas, or admin / overhead.

Similar concept to lawyers billing to specific clients.

Perhaps not the first sign of the Apocalypse, but it isn't a far stretch until they put one of those RF Tag monitoring devices at all the exits to know when you enter / leave during the day.

And there certainly won't be extra credit for those 100+ hour weeks, but a penalty will probably apply for the opposite.

All leadership should be jumping up and down flat our refusing to do this bullshit. Whoever thought that this is a good idea should be drug out into the street and shot. :icon_rage We are going to spend more hours trying to figure out how to "bill" our hours than actually working.

The only possible good thing that can come from this is for the higher ups to see what a giant waste of time it is to take "Intro to sexual harrassment" or "Navy and DOD drug abuse policies" on NKO for the 9th f'ing time. :icon_rage

What really burns me up is that some company was granted a multi-million dollar government contract just to develop the software to track our man hours. We have plenty of money to spend on that crap, but when guys from my aircrew shop came up to reenlist, the SRB was not there. So we have very talented air-crew leaving the Navy for greener pastures, and we don't have the money to buy .50 cal and M-240 rounds to qualify their repalcements prior to deployment.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
All leadership should be jumping up and down flat our refusing to do this bullshit. Whoever thought that this is a good idea should be drug out into the street and shot. :icon_rage We are going to spend more hours trying to figure out how to "bill" our hours than actually working.
This can be done purely through coding the program so that it is billed at logon, without the operator required to do any time-logging.

The only possible good thing that can come from this is for the higher ups to see what a giant waste of time it is to take "Intro to sexual harrassment" or "Navy and DOD drug abuse policies" on NKO for the 9th f'ing time. :icon_rage
I think I qualify for a Doctorate in Information Assurance and Trafficking In Persons.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

New USAF front office nominations from SECDEF. Note CSAF nomination is NOT a fighter pilot and although a Transport type, he did in SPECOPS flavored role so would be much more inclined to understand needs of COCOMs in that regard. Vice Chief is taking job held by Schwartz which is a step up, but that effectively clean sweeps any legacy parochialism (ie F-22) from those who testify to Congress in front office.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
First off . . . the General really needs to get his official portrait redone. That looks like the drivers license photo from hell.

Second, WTF is up with the reporter referring to "so-called" joint duty? That's the official term.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
, WTF is up with the reporter referring to "so-called" joint duty? That's the official term.

You answered your own question...reporter. You think they really understand what they are reporting on? ;)

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
General Schwartz is a great officer, and an awesome pilot; I had the pleasure of flying with him back in the day.

Anyone notice that the #2 man is a bomber guy? Hopefully the days of the fighter guys ruining the AF are over!

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
General Schwartz is a great officer, and an awesome pilot; I had the pleasure of flying with him back in the day.
You mean he was good at latching up George?! OBTW Good pilots flair, awesome pilots, catch a wire:D

First off . . . the General really needs to get his official portrait redone. That looks like the drivers license photo from hell.
Looks like Spock!
spock-1.jpg
39788353.jpg