• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
how else can this:

Nerds.jpg

become this:

topgu015.jpeg

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
You're not in CODs yet Bates. And besides, I was an engineering major out of Illinois!

Congrats. I am an information systems major out of Florida and yet I have somehow still managed to do pretty well for myself with this derned aviating. OK, seriously...engineers are no better suited for being aviators than your average history major. Does anyone really believe differently? Everything you need to know about aero has been dumbed down so that even us cavemen can understand it.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Agreed, but the "I Believe" button is for pussies.

I like this sentiment.

Tex: too much knowledge can be a dangerous thing. :)

"Put it away. That's the last time you will need to open this fine book to fly airplanes for the Navy.... "

And he was right.

I like this sentiment too. Case in point: I remember going over fluid flow for a cylinder in my PDE class. I've written out the arguments from my notes as a cautionary tale about wanting to chuck the "I believe" button completely (Originally we went over it because a lot of people think lift is created because the path of the fluid flow is longer above the airfoil than below it, which isn't theoretically true)...or become a physics or math major :). Unfortunately, I referred to a textbook once or twice so I don't think posting it would be appropriate for copyright reasons.

Suffice it to say that no matter what level of understanding you have of a technical subject (aerodynamics included) you're always accepting some things on faith unless you are a scientist or engineer...sometimes even if you are ;). Still, if you're interested, then why not try and learn a little deeper than required...it certainly isn't guaranteed to help you, but I don't think it would HURT, would it?