• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice for son’s selection

croakerfish

pilot
How come some of your fellow pilots are disappointed with how things went for them? What are they disappointed with?
There are a bunch of threads on this site going around and around about the HSC community in particular that capture people’s feelings pretty well. @MGoBrew11 is right that every community has its share of people who didn’t get what they wanted out of the organization but we definitely have more.
HSM has much less of this issue but they fly like my mom.

MGoBrew11

pilot
There are a bunch of threads on this site going around and around about the HSC community in particular that capture people’s feelings pretty well. @MGoBrew11 is right that every community has its share of people who didn’t get what they wanted out of the organization but we definitely have more.
HSM has much less of this issue but they fly like my mom.
HSM might fly like your mom but VP flies like your grandma and VFA flies like your daddy.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
You’ve never seen your grandma do the break in a 737 obviously ?
I hope you’re kidding, the “break” in the P-8 is a very sad and disappointing maneuver.

Edit: He was kidding.

Last edited:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I hope you’re kidding, the “break” in the P-8 is a very sad and disappointing maneuver.

Yeah, I think the bank angle at which she screams at you and the PFDs flash is something around an admin turn in the GCA box in any other airplane.

Unless they modified the P-8 to reflect that there aren't actually children and FAs in the back......ok, at least there aren't FAs back there.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
No, I'm asking when you went through the aviation pipeline.

A few of us hung out with him when we were in flight school. I may be the only one left here who did. That was a decently long time ago (15 years ago or so, IIRC). I think he might have been a UT middie at the time, but suffice to say, he isn't ignorant to this career.

Mos

None
A few of us hung out with him when we were in flight school. I may be the only one left here who did. That was a decently long time ago (15 years ago or so, IIRC). I think he might have been a UT middie at the time, but suffice to say, he isn't ignorant to this career.
I get it, he's a good ol boy, but do you really think this...
No pun intended, but no need for you to be a helicopter parent.
...adds any value?

In any event, I think the OP deserves to know this person offering his perspective is speaking from second-hand experience.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I get it, he's a good ol boy, but do you really think this...

...adds any value?

In any event, I think the OP deserves to know this person offering his perspective is speaking from second-hand experience.

You should download and listen to the Frozen movie soundtrack because bro, you need to “let it go”

Pulling the “you’ve never been to flight school” is an arrogant attempt to argue with someone without adding any sort of substance and justifications.

My advice stands for OP’s son to get a AWs account to network with aviation’s across all platforms. It’s the 21st century and there are so many internet resources at one disposal in case local resources are not good,

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Babajan, D Rob and Andrew Waterman Austin weekends were epic.

Mos

None
You should download and listen to the Frozen movie soundtrack because bro, you need to “let it go”

Pulling the “you’ve never been to flight school” is an arrogant attempt to argue with someone without adding any sort of substance and justifications.

My advice stands for OP’s son to get a AWs account to network with aviation’s across all platforms. It’s the 21st century and there are so many internet resources at one disposal in case local resources are not good,
Perhaps you should let it go. Expect to get called out for being the first to chime in with snide remarks on a topic others are better qualified to speak on.