• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice for graduating mids

mountainman

Don't be a white trash piece of shit on your off time. Take the job and title seriously, be a gentleman, dress the part, and treat the e-dawgs with respect.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Does that include calling them "e-dawgs'?

Term of endearment?

But seriously, can we please turn this into a "Stupid ENS Tricks" thread? Those are always the best. I'll add one: Don't marry your fellow OCS Pilot sweetheart and then knock her up. Complicates flight school, and all that...

mountainman

Does that include calling them "e-dawgs'?
Term of endearment. Never had a problem with it when I was enlisted or using it as an officer Oh wait in today's navy I'll change that to "enlisted peoples". And I'll report to sensitivity training first thing.:rolleyes:

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Be a team player. You'll go nowhere very fast if you try to get by in this business as a lone wolf:

.lone wolf.jpg (logo from sweet ass wolf t-shirt)

Also, don't be a bitch - if you've got a problem with someone, find 'em and talk to 'em like a adult - fix it and move on.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
+1 for the wolf t shirt. Buy wolf T-shirts for all your friends. Create wolfpacks. Terrorize the pensacola bar scene as a wolfpack.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Don't play the "I don't know I'm just an Ensign" card often. It's fairly common knowledge you know nothing, strive to learn things you don't know, it will help you later. Share gouge with your classmates, nothing will get you shunned faster than being a buddy fucker.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
If I saw a bunch of good-for-nothing SNA's walk in to a bar rockin' wolf shirts.... They would drink free for the night. Just sayin'....

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I have founds bits and pieces all over the forum, but want to consolidate it all here. I've made it a habit recently of asking people I meet who either is/was an enlisted/officer for a straight, real-world, no BS, piece of advice for a middie about to graduate. What the most important thing you believe a new O-1 should know?

Watch out for SNAGs. Always provide your own protection.

I'm not kidding.