• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

advanced degree/deployment questions

BackOrdered

Contributor
Thread resurrection:

The time has come to seriously consider attending JPME while I have 2 more years of relatively restful shore duty. Air University (distance learning) and the Army War College (classroom) are my two choices. Has anyone had any posititve or negative experiences with either experience?

BigRed389

None
Any reason you can't do NWC distance learning?

And I think you need to be an O-4 (sel) minimum to do the USAF route.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Any reason you can't do NWC distance learning?

And I think you need to be an O-4 (sel) minimum to do the USAF route.

For whatever reason, the Air Force has been suggested as a favorable option. I haven't looked into NWC yet.

After a quick search, it looks like you are correct regardless about O-4 [SEL] status. Have you had any experience with NWC?

BigRed389

None
Started 1st of 3 NWC courses.

The readings are pretty good, as are the recorded lectures. I don't think it adequately replaces a classroom setting interaction though...the "dicussion" is basically a forum like this one.

Time commitment from the readings/assignments aren't too demanding though...a few hours a week tops unless you're a seriously slow reader/writer.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Started 1st of 3 NWC courses.

The readings are pretty good, as are the recorded lectures. I don't think it adequately replaces a classroom setting interaction though...the "dicussion" is basically a forum like this one.

Time commitment from the readings/assignments aren't too demanding though...a few hours a week tops unless you're a seriously slow reader/writer.

Thanks! Sounds like a plan to look into. I'm still going to tour the local Army War College before I make up my mind.

Above all else, I'm just trying to avoid being that O-3 who is cramming these courses in during a DH tour to make board. I'll definitely have DAWIA done before I ever fall into that category.