• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Adios Service Dress Khakis

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I certainly hope so.
OMG, I hope so also...;), however, I'd be all in for bringing back a bit of tradition by replacing th 'P'cutter crest w/ mini-wings, ala FADM "Bull" Halsey & our early Naval Aviation legends.:)
BzB

phrogpilot73

Do Marines, P3s, and CODs bring EVERY uniform everytime they deploy?
Here's what I brought: (1)blue jacket (it was required for officers on both my MEU deployments), (1) short sleeve khaki shirt, (1) pair blue trousers, (1) pair green trousers, (2)pairs cammies for my first deployment (one green, one tan), (6) pairs my second deployment (FAC tour), (6) flight suits my first deployment (3 green, 3 tan). That was it for uniforms. With that mix, we could wear every uniform in the USMC inventory, minus Blue C, Service A/B, and dinner dress.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Kinda sad for an 'ol Sailor to sit back & watch what is happening/has happened to Navy uniforms today (formal, dress, working & flight). What was workable/affordable/storageable over the past century, has suddenly (last ~10 yrs.) become a confusing 'jungle' of weird color combos, multi color/pattern cammys, and saddest of all, the loss of AWGs and now losing SDKs.:(

Agreed. The fact that the Navy actually has/had a Task Force Uniform that met for YEARS only to come up with wonderful innovations like the PT uniform and aquaflage.
Embarrassing.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
On my P-3 deployments it depended on where we went. Going to Italy we brought flightsuits and one pair of khakis for standing duty. Going to Djibouti/Qatar/Bahrain it was flightsuits and desert cammies. No SDBs/whites/other nonsense.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yea, same same. This sounds like the one instance where we make more sense than the rest of the fleet...Victory!

Desert deployment was desert bags and one set of the NWU type 3 for O's/Aviators. Prior deployment had a change of command in sig, so those guys had to have a set of whites and a set of khakis to stand duty, but other than that it was just bags.

It was probably an accident that what we did made sense...that shit doesn't happen on purpose.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
These are the same kind of people who are restricting (read: trying to eliminate) the wear of desert flightsuits because they deem them too "expeditionary." Never mind the fact that the survival folks would prefer that all our flight suits be tan instead of green. Oh and we spent millions designing a 2 piece flightsuit that works in all environments, makes wearing the body armor more comfortable, etc...yet now the powers that be are trying to eliminate the opportunities for wearing it as well. FML this kind of stupid shit is getting old!!!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Made all four months of my last 5th Fleet vacation only wearing a flight suit. Brought one set of Broccoliflauge and they never left the hanger. I was able to pack everything in about 46 minutes to get home in a hurry and I still felt overpacked. Bring what you need and nothing more...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have you seen the AACUs? That's a legit flightsuit. While I appreciate the idea of chokers, they aren't functionally any better than SDBs.

And all the Army guys I know hate them and want to go back to regular flight suits, that is at least according to the dozen or so Army aviator types I have talked to (our resident Army crew can chime in at any time to correct or disagree with me).

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Never mind the fact that the survival folks would prefer that all our flight suits be tan instead of green.

Out of curiosity, why?

It is irritating that we are issued four flight suits, and then soon after that two of them became ineligible for me to wear.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
The PMA guys that I have talked to (including those involved in the development and testing of the 2-Piece) say that Coyote is the 1 color that works in every environment.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The PMA guys that I have talked to (including those involved in the development and testing of the 2-Piece) say that Coyote is the 1 color that works in every environment.

For evasion or for rescue? I'm interested to hear more, as I would think the Coyote wouldn't be good for evasion in a jungle environment, but I know color can do some cool tricks to the eyes, so maybe it would work.