• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acne?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Went in to meet with my Recruiter today to continue chipping away at stuff for my package. On my medical form I disclosed that I take amoxicillin occasionally (<1 time per week) for acne. It's been proscribed to me for years but I've essentially tapered it off since I rarely break out anymore.

However, today my recruiter mentioned to me that she had someone NPQ'ed for similar circumstances, and asked me to go to a dermatologist and have them essentially end my prescription and say I no longer need it.

This was a bit of a surprise to me, so just wondering if anyone had similar issues when dealing with MEPS.

Larick

None
Contributor
I got NPQ'ed for my acne at first. I was prescribed Retin-a and benzoyl. They said something about me not being able to create a good seal for a gas mask. I ended up having to borrow a gas mask to show my recruiter I could. Also had to send in updated pictures to show my acne clearing up. It extended the application process by like 2 months but I eventually got PQ'd

Splonk

I had taken 3-4 antibotics in the past and accutane (had to wait 2 months being off tane to go to meps since it's disqulifying). So I imagine a single antibotic wouldn't be a probelm? They may want documentation.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Yeah my acne was never bad at all (only had ever taken amoxicillin and never accutane or anything else). I last went to the dermatologist about 3 years ago and they basically told me I was all cleared up but just keep the amoxicillin around to take when I break out (which I did, rarely).

The way my recruiter phrased it it seems more like the fact that they never "closed out" the prescription rather than the current state of my acne. Either way seems strange to me.