• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accepted for third choice SWO. Have a few Qs. Final Select Letter?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You ever been to LEEEEMOREE?

Yup... total of 9 years out of 22 based at LEEEEMOREE! Pretty fine place to live & raise a family (not to mention flying/maintaining a top-notch F/A aircraft). Hundreds of retired Navy families have chosen to settle permanently in the Lemoore/Hanford/Visalia areas.:)

Admittedly, for the teeny bopper FRS Nugget bachelors, not so much... it's no SFO or SAN for night life!:(
*Two of my 3 children were born @ NLC Dispensary (pre NAVHOSP), and are Hanford HS alums.
BzB

allstar

My advice is to take the SWO spot and at least get in the door. There are lots of options down the road that are not open to you on the outside - but! - go in decided to work your ass off as a SWO. Don't say a damn word about not wanting to be a SWO or what you're 'meant to be doing'. That way lies pain for you and aggravation for your command.
what are the chances of the lateral tranfer, good or bad specially for intel and cryptology ?

allstar

Allstar- let me know how it goes, im going to see my recruiter monday and I will let you know what they say about the length of time the offer is valid. They may say differing things. What is your exact goal anyhow? To be an Officer in the Military or be a Pilot??

I wanted to be an intel officer but sadly the board was already over I think in march, so I could not get the chance to apply and also I didn't wanted to wait for a long time becuase there were not any boards for intel this year and I heard that the next year intel board could also get cancel. Pilot/NFO is indeed some thing much better where I have much more interest but swo was attached with the Pilot board. unfortunately I was selected for the swo. I think I will go ahead and try for the Pilot board in the air force.

GregGreek

Ok guys. I have gone to MEPS and passed physical now just waiting on Final Select Letter. Thank you for all your guidance. I am truly honored to be able to have the chance to become a Naval Officer. I will be designating SWO. I may have quite a bit of time until OCS so I want to ask what should I be studying/memorizing/doing in general until then that will aid me in being a better candidate at OCS? I have found some gouge online and from the OCS website, just want a bit of a heads up from some of the guys who have gone through Navy OCS.
Will be proud to serve. thank you

BackOrdered

Contributor
Ok guys. I have gone to MEPS and passed physical now just waiting on Final Select Letter. Thank you for all your guidance. I am truly honored to be able to have the chance to become a Naval Officer. I will be designating SWO. I may have quite a bit of time until OCS so I want to ask what should I be studying/memorizing/doing in general until then that will aid me in being a better candidate at OCS? I have found some gouge online and from the OCS website, just want a bit of a heads up from some of the guys who have gone through Navy OCS.
Will be proud to serve. thank you

The study the Big 4 and make sure you are in peak shape. Anything else won't hurt you even if you are clueless. That is expected.

It wouldn't hurt at all to get a copy of "The Watch Officer's Guide" (and the other associated books) and a "Rule of the Road" book. Both will give you a very good idea of what life as a SWO has in store after OCS. I'm creeping up on four years in and I still use those books.