• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ABOUT TO ENLIST BUT WOULD LIKE TO BE AN OFFICER FEEDBACK PLEASE

Should I continue to go enlisted route or try applying for OCS and wait?

• Continue enlisted route

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

exNavyOffRec

Thanks Fester, I know I am green to all this so forgive me if a lot of what I am asking sounds stupid. I am just trying to feel out some jobs that I may be interested in and just because I ask does not mean that is what I want to do necessarily. Also I am interested in Intel because I feel that my skill set (Poli Sci degree & Law background in civilian workforce) would particularly be geared towards that profession in the Navy. Also what does a line designator do Fester? Once again sorry if my knowledge is limited with jobs.
Your thought on the degree would have been correct 10 years ago, things have changed, most Intel officers I have talked to say if they were applying today they would not be accepted.

The max age for programs is Pilot/NFO 27, SWO/Supply 29, and Intel 41. There are other designators with age limit of 35 but they specify tech degrees, if you go enlisted the age limit for some goes up either 2 or 4 years.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I think the OP is really just interested in applying for any position that includes "bad ass" in the job description. I understand the drive to have a little adventure and excitement in one's life, but kid, you've got to do a little more research other than watching action movies and reading Tom Clancy books. Hopefully this is an eye opener for you. The Navy has been a great career for me, at times filled with excitement and adventure, but it ain't like its portrayed in the movies. It's a lot of hard work, long hours, little glory and you don't get to celebrate with high fives at the end of the day after kicking the bad guys' ass.

Brett

First, as a Marine pilot, that shit's written right on my wallet.

file_3_2_1_1.jpg

Second, I try to skip the hard work and long hours in order to skip right to the kicking ass and high-fiving.