• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

About Housing Around Quantico

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Ok let me clear some things up. I graduated Delta Dec '07. My wife and I lived in Stafford at Aventine at Courthouse square http://www.aventineatcourthousesquare.com. My commute was never more than 25 min from door to door (that includes walking from the parade deck where the brown baggers park). As far as the traffic, it sucks bad. However the morning north bound backup doesn't really start to occur until right at the G-ville exit on 95 at which point you are already getting off there to go to the Onville gate, therefore, no factor. Afternoon southbound is almost always going to be backed up from DC to Fredricksberg and there is not really any way around it so you might as well just start learning now that you will have to deal with it. US-1 will also give you problems during the peak times. A good tip is to listen to the radio for traffic updates. 103.5(news radio) and 101.5(rock station) give constant updates every 10 min or so during peak times.

Any apartment complex you look into is going to be pretty much the same bag. However since BAH just went up they are prob going to hike their prices too, so be on the lookout. Just be prepared, the entire area up there is congested as shit and is only getting worse as more jobs become available with the FED contracting out more.

As far as when you get down here to P-cola you will be attached to MATSG-21. There are a given number of slots for the different Primary locations in each API class. For example: API Class X has 40 total seats - 10 of which are for Marines - 2/10 are slotted for Vance, 4/10 Slotted for Corpus and 4/10 slotted for Whiting (these numbers are completely arbitrary and for demonstration purposes only) When you check in you request one of the 3 primary locations. Most of the whiting slots go to married Marines, however, it really can boil down to class rank when competing for certain slots not marriage.

Just focus on the job at hand for now and learn the ropes of the place you're going when you get there, else you'll just stress yourself out more than necessary. Kick ass in TBS, and have fun while you're there. Take it serious but not too serious if you catch my drift.

Semper Fi

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
1) Home time is what you make of it; I live 35 miles from Quantico and make it home every night. The schedule is quite varied as you progress through the POI.

2) Not much if every 2 times so far

3) Most of the guys live in Garrisonville or Aquia or Stafford all are out the back gate south. You can find single family and town homes at good prices in this area that allow dogs.

4) Not sure but I want to move to corpus and too am married.

As far as traffic goes I live north in the DC Suburbs and drive south with no traffic every morning. And every night north with no traffic. However the further you go north the more expensive the rent gets. Personally I like the Woodbridge Dale City area just north of Quantico. Lots of such to do.