• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A4s Your Wait Is Over - HK 416/417 Coming To Civ US Market

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I'm sure they will. But then you'll have the issue of which ones are quality, which ones are shit...

utak

I highly recommend LWRC, for anyone who wants the cool parts of a piston system but want to stay familiar with the AR-15 series. Their most basic model is a vanilla M4 style, their more advanced ones is all tactical rails and magpul stocks for anyone who is into that. You can get an upper ordered if you already got a lower, and they're putting cold hammer forged barrels for all rifles now.

In addition, they got some big hitters on their team. One of them is Major General (retired) Gary Harrell, who among a lot of accomplishments, was the Delta Force squadron commander during the Black Hawk Down event. Retired Master Sergeant Paul Howe (he posted here on AW a few times) is also endorsing LWRC as well, and if I remember from reading the Ar-15.com forum, is working with them to create an official Combat Shooting and Tactics carbine built to his specifications.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
They're @ high 2's -3K .... but:

Where??? Everyplace I look reads: "Out of Stock" ...

Available might not have been the best word to use. I feel your pain A4s, but its probably good that they are all out of stock. Though it would be useful when the dead begin to rise I probably dont need to be dropping that sort of coin on a REC7 upper at this point. Man I would like to though.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
Available might not have been the best word to use. I feel your pain A4s, but its probably good that they are all out of stock. Though it would be useful when the dead begin to rise I probably dont need to be dropping that sort of coin on a REC7 upper at this point. Man I would like to though.

+1 for the coming zombie apocalypse! I just wish i could afford a SCAR or a HK, maybe when I get commissioned!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
They're @ high 2's -3K .... but:

Where??? Everyplace I look reads: "Out of Stock" ...

May be best just to get your name on the list with a Barrett dealer. They will get around to shipping at some point. If you find one sooner you can take your name off the list. I'd love to have a REC7.

There is no way a 416 is worth that kind of money and HK knows it. They are just banking on all the gotta have it now guys. After those people dry up the price will come down.

I'm with nickusn. My LWRC piston upper is a fine piece of gear. I've had it a couple of years now. Runs like a raped ape and eats anything I feed it. There is a waiting list for those too but LWRC has been making piston uppers for some time now and there are many more of them out there. It took a bit of effort but I found one in stock with a small dealer.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
After buying my M14 National Match, I found out that you can't hunt with auto-loaders...legally. It's still a beautiful piece of Americana. The HK 416 is what the SEALs are currently using on the reg, at least that's what my buddy at DEVGRU said. He loves it, but of course he didn't have to pay for it. I for one, am waiting for the Bushmaster/Magpul ACR. Based off the AR-18 (See IRA's "little armalite")

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I think it depends on the state.

My buddy hunts with his CETME 91 clone. I dont know all the game laws in Texas, so he might be doing something very illegal.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I think it depends on the state.

My buddy hunts with his CETME 91 clone. I dont know all the game laws in Texas, so he might be doing something very illegal.

Some might argue Texas being it's own country.

Upon further research, Texas Law prohibits, FULL auto weapons in hunting game animals. No limit is stated in magazine capacity. Puts the question on the table of hunting deer with an M82 Barrett. The meat you sell can offset the cost of the round to shoot the deer. That is if you can gather enough meat to sell after the round impacts.

MasterBates

Most states allow Semi-Autos but nominally a 5 round limit is uses. Some states ARE different.

KNOW your local Game/Gun laws before going afield.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Some might argue Texas being it's own country.

Upon further research, Texas Law prohibits, FULL auto weapons in hunting game animals. No limit is stated in magazine capacity. Puts the question on the table of hunting deer with an M82 Barrett. The meat you sell can offset the cost of the round to shoot the deer. That is if you can gather enough meat to sell after the round impacts.

You can hunt in many states with "autoloaders" Most have mag limits. In NC it's 5 rounds I think. Not sure what the current law says but it used to be that you couldn't hunt deer with .22 cal so 5.56 was out but 6.8 would be ok.

There are lots of guys in Texas that hunt boars with night vision and 30 round mags in their AR's. Ye HAWWWW

In many states "feral hogs" are not considered game animals so the rules for hunting them vary as well.