• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A4s - Limes?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Limes in the Coconut Department .... or How-goes-it??? .... from the Territory:

Yesterday --- it rained ALL day ... got soaked, but what the heck, where can you "do" rain in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops ????? We used to call them "go-aheads" as it's tough to go backwards in them. :) History .....

Today ---- lots of drunks and Haole riff-raff about --- maybe due to the WX yesterday ??? At the Royal Hawaiian, had to hose off/call security on one or two rejects and lonely hearts cast-off's from Sunday @ Dukes. A Sunday rejection @ Dukes for a lady must be hard to take ..... :eek:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Went over to the APCSS building @ DeRussy today to pick up some copies of research papers they had printed up for me ---- when I came out of the building there was a VIP 4-STAR pass in the car next to me.

Is there anything bigger than 4-STARS in Honolulu??? I don't think so ..... and to add shock and horror to the moment :eek: .... the vehicle was a little white Subaru Outback. Maybe I was just halucinating .... or maybe CINCPAC/COMPACFLT was slumming ..... ???

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Limes in the Coconut Department .... or How-goes-it??? .... from the Territory:

Yesterday --- it rained ALL day ... got soaked, but what the heck, where can you "do" rain in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops ????? We used to call them "go-aheads" as it's tough to go backwards in them. :) History .....
[/B]

"Flip-flops"? Oh no...the horror.:( Come on, those are slippers and no other name will do.

Edit: "Da rubbah slippah" is also acceptable.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everybody mark the date and time. I actually agree with a statement by Ryoukai.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"Flip-flops"? Oh no...the horror.:( Come on, those are slippers and no other name will do.

Edit: "Da rubbah slippah" is also acceptable.
ACTUALLY .... the Japanese (Issei, Nisei and Sansei) that I knew when I was a kid in the Territory called "go-ahead's" and "flip-flops" .... Zori's (sp?) .... true or false Ryoukai ... ??? :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Oh .... BTW .... the wife and I made a decision this weekend. I am going to RETIRE !!! Kind of like .... "quit" :)

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Congrats, farewell, and vaya con dios to you, A-4s! How many years you got under your wings?

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
ACTUALLY .... the Japanese (Issei, Nisei and Sansei) that I knew when I was a kid in the Territory called "go-ahead's" and "flip-flops" .... Zori's (sp?) .... true or false Ryoukai ... ??? :)

True.

Edit: If you're retiring, I hope you've got a suitable replacement to terrorize the JAL pilots.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Roger that .... and Thanks for the Congrats, men ... but I'm just a survivor ..... :)
metro said:
...... How many years you got under your wings?
Well, let's see .... the Navy paid for my PPL when I was 20 --- so I guess 16 years ... ??? :D

HooverPilot [i said:
... I guess you are getting out while there is still a retirement avail. [/i]
Actually, "it" can go away at ANY TIME --- getting "it" is no protection nor a guarantee .... I have other plans ..... and basically I have ..... just ....... had ......... enough. :icon_rage

However, I love fresh squeezed limes ..... :icon_rast