• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A380 cockpit

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
It's interesting that they only have a HUD for the left seat. Anyone know why they wouldn't put one in on the right side as well?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Anyone know why they would put one on the left seat??
Alaska's 737's had 'em for years and years in the left seat -- for low, low :eek: CAT!!/!!! :eek: approaches, like HAL said. I sat behind Capt J. Nance while riding his jumpseat as he flew a low, low :eek: approach utilizing one in his 737. Nervous laughter all around. Great sport (?). :)

Isn't the Navy's MMA suppose to be HUD-equipped???

BOEING: Technology flies high on the B-737

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Alaska's 737's had 'em for years and years in the left seat -- for low, low :eek: CAT!!/!!! :eek: approaches, like HAL said. I sat behind Capt J. Nance while riding his jumpseat as he flew a low, low :eek: approach utilizing one in his 737. Nervous laughter all around. Great sport (?). :)

Isn't the Navy's MMA suppose to be HUD-equipped???

BOEING: Technology flies high on the B-737

Yes, P8 is slated to be HUD equipped. Don't mistake my intent, it was a real question. Having never flown with a HUD:)(), I genuinely had no idea what a commercial airliner would do with one.:D

Thanks to you and HAL...that makes all sorts of sense.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
i got to fly on the MMA demonstrator...on the jumpseat as well. It had a HUD.

MasterBates

A HUD is this thing that projects a green light that I turn on after main engine start, turn off once clear of the active and tend to ignore other than putting the "Whataburger Symbol" 200' short of the threshold on PAs.

My brain can't comprehend the nifty digital display. I need to see needles moving to make sense of stuff.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Even the p-nut gyro is glass.... lovely!, I bet it notches in 10 degree increments at a time just to remind those guys what they're getting paid for.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Even the p-nut gyro is glass....
So is mine....

717cockpitjf8.jpg

You know what they say....once you go glass you'll never to back.......

MasterBates

What is the wheel on the left for, and it looks like it has a horn button.

And in the name of all that is right, no mechanical gyro at all, is just wrong.