• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Word on OCS (as of 2 DEC 16)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
What’s rolling?
Are you asking what rolling is?

cheech-and-chong-gif-7.gif

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
No one that ever said “DOR” appeared back in any class. They were sent to G Company and usually gone within 2 or 3 days. The word matches the reality.
Ditto.

Also, in 1986 at AOCS, we had a dude DOR within the first minute of checking in at Poopyville...I saw [and heard] the whole thing since I was locked up on the front porch of Poopyville. He walked back to the cab drop-off/pick-up area and left...I don’t believe he went to G Company...I was looking for him when G Company came “...marching into chow!”...no joy. I wanted to congratulate him for setting a [possible] world record for the fastest DOR.

abctotheabc

What’s rolling?

You can roll for failing an evolution, which means they set you back into the next class. So if you're, let's say, 09-19, and you fail the IST by not meeting the minimum, they put you into H-Class (a separate holding class that you stay in just practicing what you failed at and not progressing through the OCS program) until the next class that gets to that event comes along, so 10-19.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You can roll for failing an evolution, which means they set you back into the next class. So if you're, let's say, 09-19, and you fail the IST by not meeting the minimum, they put you into H-Class (a separate holding class that you stay in just practicing what you failed at and not progressing through the OCS program) until the next class that gets to that event comes along, so 10-19.
Ahhhh...we called that G Company back long ago. I nearly shit myself thinking I had failed the aero final and was worried about a trip to G. Passed that thing with a point or two to spare.