• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Wake-up Call.

BerkeleyNROTC09

So here is a small wake-up call for any of those wondering what kind of scores you need to get into The Academy.

My Scores:

SAT
4.3 GPA
7 AP Classes [Calc A-B, Bio, Physics C, History, English(Lit), Gov't, Stats]
8:53 1.5mi
VP Nomination, Gov Nomination
V
arsity: XC, Track
20/15
Vision

And I did NOT get in.

Good Luck.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Weird. My brother had about the same stats as you and he got his appointment a month ago. Sometimes its hit or miss. Don't worry. The Boat School aint the only place you can get a commission from.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
How the hell do you get a 4.3 GPA!?!?! 4.0 was always the highest I ever knew a person could get ... maybe its some new age hippie BS they do in school now ....

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
How the hell do you get a 4.3 GPA!?!?! 4.0 was always the highest I ever knew a person could get ... maybe its some new age hippie BS they do in school now ....

AP/IB credit. If you get an A in one of those classes, it counts as 5 points as opposed to 4 points in any regular class.

kejo

pilot
AP/IB credit. If you get an A in one of those classes, it counts as 5 points as opposed to 4 points in any regular class.

doesn't matter, i'm pretty sure the academy only uses non-weighted values for GPA...to them, an "A" in AP is still a 4

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot

Man, if only my GPA had been a 4.3 in high school I would have been able to be a naval aviator....oh, wait, never mind.

Take your ridiculously good stats to Cal and have a good time. You'll thank me when you compare how your freshman year was with the academy kids while you're on summer cruise.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Man, if only my GPA had been a 4.3 in high school I would have been able to be a naval aviator....oh, wait, never mind.

Take your ridiculously good stats to Cal and have a good time. You'll thank me when you compare how your freshman year was with the academy kids while you're on summer cruise.
Now thats great advice "from the horses mouth" ....

KSUFLY

pilot
Weird. My brother had about the same stats as you and he got his appointment a month ago. Sometimes its hit or miss. Don't worry. The Boat School aint the only place you can get a commission from.

Remember that each Rep/Senater has only so many nominations and each State has only so many slots at each academy. So a stellar applicant from Kansas can not get accepted because there is an even more stellar applicant also from Kansas and only one slot. But a not so stellar applicant from Alabama can get in because he meets the criteria and there is two slots open for that state. It's not all straight across the board.