• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-Pool Update

mid1510

I figured since there hasn't been new gouge on A-pool in awhile I'd post some for the guys coming down for what it's like right now.

As stated earlier, the purpose of A-pool is to get everyone on the same page to class up. In A-Pool, everyone has appointments (NAMI, flight gear fitting, anthro, FAA physical) we need to complete before classing up for IFS/DIVOLC/API.

Muster is M-F, khakis, 0645 in the auditorium. There haven't been stash jobs given out, so more than likely you go home after muster. Not a bad deal.

NAMI is not half the beast everyone makes it out to be. All I had to do was get my eyes and ears checked, but some needed to do everything (EKG, x-rays, etc). As long as you passed the initial flight physical and have the documentation on waivers (I have one), you SHOULD be good to go. They are not trying to ruin your career.

The big thing for me was the fact that they treat everyone like children (part of the problem is that I went to the University of Florida - I'm sure the academy kids will be used to it). I understand where they are coming from, but it does get annoying. They will threaten to pink sheet you for everything. Bottom line is don't be a retard.

Other than that, everything is moving really, really fast down here. Time in A-Pool to classing up for IFS/DIVOLC is ~1 week.

Deere1450

pilot
Good stuff, mid. Checked in this past weekend. Its going to be about a 2 week wait in A-Pool to class up in DIVOLC for me. If you have your cloud card, sounds like API class up isn't too far behind DIVOLC (a week or two from what I was told). One month or so in the Pool sounds purty good to me.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
Physically muster at the auditorium or just online through a website? Last year during the flying portion we just had to muster by logging in to the system; doesn't really make sense to make you do a physical muster during the flying part. I mean, if you miss a flight, the flight school will report it.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
If you were privy to all the myriad ways ensigns have found to fuck up something as simple as A-Pool, you'd understand the 'pink sheet briefs'.

During that entire brief, I was thinking about how badly those before me must have screwed it up to require draconian rules to enforce common knowledge.

BUDU

Are they still sending students out to places like Mobile? I live on Perdido, and did IFS at Trident. So I'd have to drive on base, turn around, and drive to Alabama every day?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, it's funny to look at A-poolers with the benefit of relatively SHORT hindsight. Not a bad plan to brief all check-ins with: "Hey! If you have an idea about doing something - STOP. Don't do it. It's probably retarded, and will get you a pink sheet or booted".

Stupid ENS tricks (just like junior enlisted ones) remind me that you're basically retarded until at LEAST 25 (approximately. +/- for some).

Wingmeh

yup, I am currently finishing up divolc as I have classed up for IFS this week. When divolc is done tomorrow, i have to begin muster next week for IFS every freakin morning m-f which sucks, b/c basically I would have to go into the IFS office, sign a piece of paper, and leave for the day.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
yup, I am currently finishing up divolc as I have classed up for IFS this week. When divolc is done tomorrow, i have to begin muster next week for IFS every freakin morning m-f which sucks, b/c basically I would have to go into the IFS office, sign a piece of paper, and leave for the day.
So let me get this straight:
1) Monday through Friday, you wake up and drive to IFS to muster, then
2) If you are flying or attending ground school, you do that
3) or if you are not assigned any duties, you go home?
4) and you get paid?
5) and you are in Pensacola?
6) you don't stand watch?
7) you are not in harms way?

Life must really, really suck. My heart bleeds for you...

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!

-ea6bflyr ;)

Wingmeh

So let me get this straight:
1) Monday through Friday, you wake up and drive to IFS to muster, then
2) If you are flying or attending ground school, you do that
3) or if you are not assigned any duties, you go home?
4) and you get paid?
5) and you are in Pensacola?
6) you don't stand watch?
7) you are not in harms way?

Life must really, really suck. My heart bleeds for you...

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!

-ea6bflyr ;)
yup sure does
trollface.jpg

MasterBates

Looking back, that was probably my biggest beef with how stuff worked.

Being treated like a child by the USN/DOD well into my thirties (although the frequency of being treated like a retarded teen did diminish post wings, it never stopped)

And for you about to comment on my performance, this was unit wide or bigger policies.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2