• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-Pool Update

BUDU

There is a shit-load of Marines around the age of 20 who are leading small units in combat overseas as I type this.

Maybe idiots are just idiotic, regardless of their age and location, and when you give them a lot of time off, they do extra-dumb shit.

A lot of time off, a good paycheck, and (for many) their first taste of independence.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
yup, I am currently finishing up divolc as I have classed up for IFS this week. When divolc is done tomorrow, i have to begin muster next week for IFS every freakin morning m-f which sucks, b/c basically I would have to go into the IFS office, sign a piece of paper, and leave for the day.

And then go party until you shit your liver out or your dick falls off, whichever comes first.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I figured since there hasn't been new gouge on A-pool in awhile I'd post some for the guys coming down for what it's like right now.

As stated earlier, the purpose of A-pool is to get everyone on the same page to class up. In A-Pool, everyone has appointments (NAMI, flight gear fitting, anthro, FAA physical) we need to complete before classing up for IFS/DIVOLC/API.

Muster is M-F, khakis, 0645 in the auditorium. There haven't been stash jobs given out, so more than likely you go home after muster. Not a bad deal.

NAMI is not half the beast everyone makes it out to be. All I had to do was get my eyes and ears checked, but some needed to do everything (EKG, x-rays, etc). As long as you passed the initial flight physical and have the documentation on waivers (I have one), you SHOULD be good to go. They are not trying to ruin your career.

The big thing for me was the fact that they treat everyone like children (part of the problem is that I went to the University of Florida - I'm sure the academy kids will be used to it). I understand where they are coming from, but it does get annoying. They will threaten to pink sheet you for everything. Bottom line is don't be a retard.

Other than that, everything is moving really, really fast down here. Time in A-Pool to classing up for IFS/DIVOLC is ~1 week.

Sounds like a rough life. I do not recall the time we had to muster during A Pool, but I do know it was like twice a week, unless someone screwed up and we all got punished. Sounds like people keep screwing up and hence all the pain for all. Still you are getting paid to come to work for an hour, and the head home.

And get used to be treated like a child.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
We met some "Marine FOs" tonight.....what is the difference between an a pool ENS/2lt and an A-school Sailor/Marine? Basically nothing, but the a-pooler will tell you how cool they are because they are going to fly in 6 months in the backseat......

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
What is the point of mustering if all you do is sign your name and leave?

What are the typical retarded/idiotic things that the new guys do to get reprimanded/pink sheeted?

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
We met some "Marine FOs" tonight.....what is the difference between an a pool ENS/2lt and an A-school Sailor/Marine? Basically nothing, but the a-pooler will tell you how cool they are because they are going to fly in 6 months in the backseat......

Did this event occur in the glorious Seville?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
What is the point of mustering if all you do is sign your name and leave?

What are the typical retarded/idiotic things that the new guys do to get reprimanded/pink sheeted?

Oh man, we'll be here all day answering that question. Mustering is not that bad. You're always going to have to go in for some reason whether its to muster, an AOM, FOD walk down(s), Mando study, a closed book NATOPS exam disguised as an "attendance" meeting on major holidays, or its just your job to show up at 0700/0730 or whatever time.

You guys have it easy now. I'm not much further ahead of you in the grand scheme of things and yes I used to b*tch about having to show up and sign my name too, but looking back on it now, its NOT THAT BAD.

Enjoy the ease and low stress of DIVOLC/IFS/API/A-Pool while you can.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
Oh man, we'll be here all day answering that question. Mustering is not that bad. You're always going to have to go in for some reason whether its to muster, an AOM, FOD walk down(s), Mando study, a closed book NATOPS exam disguised as an "attendance" meeting on major holidays, or its just your job to show up at 0700/0730 or whatever time.

You guys have it easy now. I'm not much further ahead of you in the grand scheme of things and yes I used to b*tch about having to show up and sign my name too, but looking back on it now, its NOT THAT BAD.

Enjoy the ease and low stress of DIVOLC/IFS/API/A-Pool while you can.

It only gets harder from there on out!