• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Picture worth a Thousand Words.

Lawman

None
Developing the worlds first true 5th Generation Fighter: 62.7 billion

Developing an overinflauted sense of Ego amongst your pilots that they are invincible: Free

Having those same pilots driving those same 5th Generation Fighters buy beers for the VFA-11 Crews after finding out they arent Unbeatable: Priceless

This photo made my day. Well this photo and the stuff I did earlier with the woman.

Attachments

• f18fgunf22035dy.jpg
    f18fgunf22035dy.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 723

Lawman

None
Mefesto said:
That's f'ing awesome. Although I wonder how many kills the -22 guys got we don't know about.

Talking to one of the Raptor Drivers, VFA-11 was flying Red Air. So the Raptors probably got plenty of them since that is their job. Apparently a lot of the fights were 4 Rhinos vs 2 Raptors with Regen allowed and they would practice at all ranges. He had a lot of good things to say about flying against the Rhinos, particularly about how well the 11 guys were taking it serious and playing their part as simulated adverserys.

This picture however popped up on a "Lets bash the Hornet/Rhino" thread over at F-16.net nobody has returned comment on it yet.

B

Blutonski816

all I can say to that is

lt-owned-03.jpg

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
guess the "break off gun attacks at 1000ft" ACM training rule did not apply?

does anybody know what the setup/PADS were? if it was a legitimate 1v1 guns kill on a Raptor then props to the SH driver.

S/F

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jarhead said:
guess the "break off gun attacks at 1000ft" ACM training rule did not apply?

does anybody know what the setup/PADS were? if it was a legitimate 1v1 guns kill on a Raptor then props to the SH driver.

S/F
Ahh, what's +/- a hundred feet at 210 Kts Vc among friends? ;)

Anyone care to comment on the SH's energy state at that particular point? I know it goes without saying, but my Prowler would be doing the funky chicken at 180 Kts.

Brett

petescheu

Yeah def an awesome shot. Although I hate to bring up the point that the Rhino's were probably shot 10 times before the merge... F-22 is an amazing piece of technology.

batman527

Banned
Brett327 said:
Ahh, what's +/- a hundred feet at 210 Kts Vc among friends? ;)

Anyone care to comment on the SH's energy state at that particular point? I know it goes without saying, but my Prowler would be doing the funky chicken at 180 Kts.

Brett

That's exactly what I was thinking. However, it does appear that he is nose down at the point in time that the picture was taken, I don't have any experience to base this on, but isn't that what the "dotted" pich angle markers mean? Nose down?

Chubby

DanielSon said:
That's exactly what I was thinking. However, it does appear that he is nose down at the point in time that the picture was taken, I don't have any experience to base this on, but isn't that what the "dotted" pich angle markers mean? Nose down?
Yup, plus if you forget the little lines on the sides of the pitch ladder next to the degrees always point towards the horizon. (I was awake for that part of the engineering lecture)