• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Horror Story in 2 Acts

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Well, on the other side, I grew up in Cocoa and lived in Orlando for two years. Didn't see any crime to speak of there, so it's not a bad state, really. Just Jax. ;)

That said, the only time I got my car busted up was when some drunk chick stole her roommate's car and slammed it into mine parked on the side of the street in front of my house in Pcola. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of Florida drivers, so you just made me look forward to moving even more. :eek:

Not a fan of Jax, or it's Orca-like residents.

They're not much better here in Corpus, IMHO.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Needless to say, I'm not a fan of Florida drivers, so you just made me look forward to moving even more. :eek:

Having lived in Pcola and Corpus and now Jax, my personal opinion is Jax drivers are the worst. I have seen more broad daylight people running into the back of one another for no apparent reason other than inattention accidents in 3 months here than anywhere. One day I saw three in one day on 295 in the 25 miles or so between the airport and Blanding.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
That does remind me of this one time here in Jax I was at a stop light behind an old woman in a huge car. Suddenly she threw her car into reverse, hit the gas, and backed into me. She got out of her car and apologized to me, saying she hadn't seen me there. There was no damage, and she was really nice, so I didn't care, really. But I was flabergasted. I was too confused to ask her why she did it. She drove off with me sitting in my car going, "wtf?"

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Who ever suggested getting a copy of your Driving record from the State of Florida aparently has never tried to do it. Last October I recieved a notice from Pennsylvania that my license was going to be suspended because of a ticket that I got in Florida in 2005. One small problem, I haven't been to Florida since 1989. Pennsylvania DMV told me to have a copy of my Florida record sent to them and it would straighten everything out. They said that I had 90 days before the suspension would take effect. Now for the problem, the only way to get a copy of your Florida driving record is to go through a private company that has the contract to manage the records. They said 4-6 weeks, I got the copy the day after my license was to be suspended. I had to pay a $25 restoration fee, renew my lcense and I now have 5 points on it because it was suspended for less than 1 day.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Went ahead and hired a local traffic attorney since I can't seem to make any headway with the court through the telephone. I tried calling the state attorney's office and they basically told me you have to take it up with the trooper or the Judge. I tried to ask the clerk how to file for disclosure and they told me to look it up in a law library haha. I called the Judge's assistant and she was somewhat helpful, but there's still not much else I can do.

I also found out the license plate number of the vehicle (blue ford pickup truck), and I've never driven it before. I ALSO found out the warrant out for my arrest is for not showing up for a leaving the scene court date in...DECEMBER!!!! Boy I'm sure glad they go out of their way to tell me these things.

In their defense I guess they assumed that I already knew it all since they think they sent it to my home in Holiday Florida.... I also found out the warrant is a Juvenile warrant, so they think I am under 18. Sounds to me like whoever owns that vehicle either has my same name and there is a driver's license mix-up or it's some kind of full-on identity fraud, but they must not have my social since my credit still looks clean. Hopefully the attorney can get to the bottom of this.

My luck has got to change soon...even Minesweeper is against me!

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 45

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what does your recruiter think of your situation, and have you still pushed your OCS date?

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
So what does your recruiter think of your situation, and have you still pushed your OCS date?

I've sent her all the info I know about it, and as far as I know I'm still slated for the June 9 OCS date. My recruiter is out of town at the moment, but as soon as she gets back on the 30th I'll ask her about updating my SSBI form and possibly pushing back the OCS date once I have an idea of how long this is going to take the attorneys.

The good news is the lawyers said they can probably arrange it so I won't have to show up in court for arraignments etc. since I live in Tallahassee, so that's one less thing to worry about.

red1323

KickFlip that really does suck, good luck getting that all sorted out, some FL cops really are only good for doughnut disposal.
A side note: Pasco County is NOT Tampa. Pasco County is one big cess pool of toothless meth smoking trailer trash. Tampa is in Hillsborough County and the few times I've had to deal w/the traffic department here they have really had their stuff together. Jacksonville is also a hole, If I ever get stationed there it's because God hates me.
Anyway, good luck on making your OCS date, with any luck I'll see you there.

red1323

Nope, I'm a surface nuke, no helos for me. Are there any frigate or destroyer units out of Jacksonville? I've been so concerned with OCS that I haven't given much thought to beyond that, not that it really matters as long as it's not JAX.