• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A greeting, and a question.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Same thing going on 13 years later in BOOST. NSI had a bunch of booters without pins but they were mostly from nuke power school.

It's okay, you can say it....NUKE PUKES :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
It sounds like the answer to my question is that it will have some negative impact on our packages. Other than booters everybody had at least one pin. I understand it is not impossible to be selected without it though. That being said the rest of our packages need to be stronger to make up for it. Good luck Kelso and thanks everybody for the informative posts.

k_smittay

Advice = Don't beat yourself up for what you think may be lacking in your packages. It is what it is. Just put together the best package you can, explain any deficiencies in your personal statement and hope for the best. I didn't think I had a flying chance in hell to actually get selected, but here I am.

Also, the STA-21 selection rate is better than most rating advancements.

SkywardET

Contrarian
AT3,

You are running low on time. You must scramble to gather all the required documents and arrange all that is necessary in order to apply (tests, tests, tests, interview boards, etc.). Your priority of advancement in rate is correct, but immediately after that you do not have time to loose in putting together your package.

I don't mean to sound alarmist or whatever, but it has taken me several months of scrambling to assemble my package and I started in September. I suppose my situation was exacerbated by deployment, but the cross-decking you are doing seems like it should be similarly time consuming.

Good luck to you.

AT3,

Getting EAWS is not that hard...really. You don't need to take classes. They help of course, but the material isn't really that hard. Good luck to you.
People have told me that they were dual and cool within three months of checking onboard a carrier. It must be different between the big decks, but it still seems very unlike ESWS on my small boy, which makes me feel like I need to score a 60 on every engineering rate's advancement exam and the minimum time onboard to qualify is one full year.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
AT3,

You are running low on time. You must scramble to gather all the required documents and arrange all that is necessary in order to apply (tests, tests, tests, interview boards, etc.). Your priority of advancement in rate is correct, but immediately after that you do not have time to loose in putting together your package.

I don't mean to sound alarmist or whatever, but it has taken me several months of scrambling to assemble my package and I started in September. I suppose my situation was exacerbated by deployment, but the cross-decking you are doing seems like it should be similarly time consuming.

Good luck to you.

People have told me that they were dual and cool within three months of checking onboard a carrier. It must be different between the big decks, but it still seems very unlike ESWS on my small boy, which makes me feel like I need to score a 60 on every engineering rate's advancement exam and the minimum time onboard to qualify is one full year.

I do agree with this post, but just know that it is possible to do everything in a small amount of time. I had all my test done and had started to write my personal statement but was not even close to having my package completed. I walked in to my MO's office even though I had two days until my package had to be postmarked, he said to get it done. I wasn't even planning on applying last year but I got picked up. It took a lot of help from others and some additional luck to get it completed in time.

Do your best and do it fast, and if you don't get to apply this year then next year is always on its way ;) Thinking positive about your goals and the ability to complete what ever you aim for is a good and helpful attitude.

Good luck!