• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A blemish for SWA

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
737-300/700 137 pax + 5 crewmembers + 3 available jumpseats
737-500 122 pax + 5 crewmembers + 3 available jumpseats

I just flew this aircraft in question, "football hole" in the upper fuselage 2 days ago. This aircraft was recently "reskinned" by Boeing. Although the NTSB report is not out, the aircraft has been patched and inspected with a microscope by just about everyone and put back into service. Like I stated, the report is not out but what I understand is that the failure occurred at a chemical etched joint in the aluminum applied during the reskinning. How? I don't know as yet but the failure acted as it is engineered to do. Fail and stop in expansion. That's what I know so far.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Southwest has just as many problems as any other airline.
Roger that; and as few, too ... as they ALL have 'problems' of one sort or another. Southwest has always been an excellent operation and the envy (on many levels) of the commercial airline community.

It goes both ways -- one of my airlines was a 4.0 place to work ... but it became one of the first of the 'big' deregulation casualties and went out of business, dumping a whole bunch of good people (employees and loyal customers) on the street ...

Another one of my airlines perpetually had a 'bad reputation' for customer service ... I've personally witnessed some of it, and received some of it ... and yet at that same airline, I've seen customer service that was second to none. But when you consider 'what counts' from a flyin' standpoint -- the pilots at that airline were the most professional and proficient -- overall -- of any I've seen, anywhere.

Some airlines that most would get all warm & fuzzy about -- I've ridden them and seen their quality and performance ebb and flow over the decades -- both good & bad. Some of the foreign carriers that you boys get all weepy about are flyin' death traps. I've worked with some of their 'pilots', and to say it's "70% and fly" in those cockpits is being generous .... so while the service in the 'tube' might be great with their pretty slave labor, you'll still DIE with that third Scotch in your hand and comfy pillow behind your head when the Zips fly into the mountain on the approach.

The airlines: they ALL have good days and bad days -- just like you. You just try to have more 'good ones' than the other kind when you hang up your helmet at the end of the line. :)

Yeah, I know ... so what, huh??? :sleep_125