• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A blemish for SWA

m26

Contributor
You dont often hear of SWA having any problems in the air...

fast_crash.jpg

I can't wait to find out how a plane managed to develop a hole in the fuselage in mid-air. :confused:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
They had a recent run in with the FAA over failure to perform required maintenance checks on a sizable number of their birds. They were fined and paid up, I believe.

They do a good job for the most part on customer service and PR, but they aren't perfect.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Southwest has just as many problems as any other airline.

Thats why I said I haven't heard of them having problems...

Although I may have typed too soon... I do seem to remember them sliding off a run way or two in poor conditions.

Similar thing happened to Alohoa 243 (some type of rupture in the top end of the a/c), although this most recent incident was a lot less dramatic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Airlines_Flight_243

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
fast_crash.jpg

I can't wait to find out how a plane managed to develop a hole in the fuselage in mid-air. :confused:

You dont often hear of SWA having any problems in the air...

If fact I dont think I have ever heard of any problem SWA has ever had, save maybe a delayed flight.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/13/us.jetliner.damaged/index.html

Southwest overshoots at Midway, 2005..... photo link
After reading the opening post I was thinking of both of these incidents.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
fast_crash.jpg

Holy crap! Look at those gas prices!!

Besides, this looks more like a problem on the ground than in the air.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
SW also had a 737 make an emergency landing today (7/14) at Orlando. I believe the flight originated at Chicago Midway. Interesting that the radio said there were 136 people aboard. Interesting because the stated capacity of the 737-700 is 126 + crew & I can't see 10 crew aboard a 737. We'll learn more soon, I'm sure.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
..... Interesting because the stated capacity of the 737-700 is 126 + crew .......

Stated by who? The media? We all know the media is the authority when it comes to aviation matters. To quote A4sForever... "sigh"

Airlines can configure their aircraft just about anyway they want. Southwest just happens to configure their -300's and -700's with 137 passenger seats and their -500's with 122 passenger seats. All have a crew of 5 - three FA's and two designated lunatics to catch grief for whatever goes wrong.
"sigh"

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I think what SW has not had is one of these types of mishaps:

hans2.jpg

PSA Flt 182 after colliding with a Cessna 172 over North Park about to impact. I'm not talking about a mid-air but a mishap in which the plane and all lives are lost.....knock on wood. They have been in business for how long? Since 1969 or so? Not bad and I hope I'm not jinxing them.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
AW&ST had 126 in their inventory issue. With many hours as a SWA pax, I should have remembered that they run a few more seats than other airlines w/ the same type a/c.