• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

96's and long weekends at TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterMute

When precisely are the long weekends or special liberties at TBS? I assume that they exist since I have been running into old posts about them. Is it for both Christmas and Thanksgiving? Or are these just another training day? I know about the travel restrictions, but do they stay the same over a special liberty? Would it be possible at any point during TBS to (assuming I am not remedial and my SPC does not have a personal grudge) travel to say..Texas? Can I reasonably rely on 96's or are they fluid?

phrogpilot73

When I was in TBS (over a decade ago), every federal holiday had either a 72 or 96 associated with it. There was a 96 for Thanksgiving, and we had the opportunity to take leave from a couple days before Christmas until after New Year's.

Guess what? The instructors want to spend the time with their families as much as you want to spend time with yours. Stop sweating.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
When you start the POI there should be a document in naval letter format distributed that has the holidays off. If you aren't given it ask to see one of the platoon's turnover binders, it should be in there.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
We had a 96 for Memorial day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. We had a 72 for Columbus Day. My roommates went to Vegas for Labor Day. I went to NYC for Memorial Day.

Trev82

pilot
You'll get them tho i do remember it being a huge pain in the arse to go out of bounds but any time you get off there is well worth it, so get as far away as you possibly can.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
You're good. Don't expect to buy your ticket way in advance though. Christmas and New Years will be one holiday. It's a pain in the ass to get out of bounds, but not any more so than it is if you're an enlisted guy under E-6/26yo. If you don't go out of town, don't be afraid to take duty. It'll be easy.

Clux4

Banned
You're good. Don't expect to buy your ticket way in advance though. Christmas and New Years will be one holiday. It's a pain in the ass to get out of bounds, but not any more so than it is if you're an enlisted guy under E-6/26yo. If you don't go out of town, don't be afraid to take duty. It'll be easy.

Or charge to take someones duty. Heard of a guy that racked up some good money doing that.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Or charge to take someones duty. Heard of a guy that racked up some good money doing that.

Doubt that's actually legal, but you can rack up some serious favors and some duty points with the SWO that will keep you off duty when you really don't want it.

Clux4

Banned
Doubt that's actually legal, but you can rack up some serious favors and some duty points with the SWO that will keep you off duty when you really don't want it.

I don't doubt that it might be illegal but how exactly would you accuse the offender?

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Is the only reason you don't do things that are wrong is not to get caught?

Actually selling duty relief for money has a pretty shady feel about it.

Clux4

Banned
Is the only reason you don't do things that are wrong is not to get caught?

Actually selling duty relief for money has a pretty shady feel about it.

Let us try this out:

So say you as the Power-line OIC notices that one of your hard-charging Plane Captains has been on duty at the barracks on the few occasions you visited. You asked him/her why they were always on duty and for which they say that they are helping other Marines out. So you then asked the Marine what he/she was getting for it and the response is money. What do you do?

phrogpilot73

So say you as the Power-line OIC notices that one of your hard-charging Plane Captains has been on duty at the barracks on the few occasions you visited. You asked him/her why they were always on duty and for which they say that they are helping other Marines out. So you then asked the Marine what he/she was getting for it and the response is money. What do you do?
Wow. Not surprisingly, you try to justify your shadiness as legit. You should have just enlisted. You're about one "good thought" away from a typical 10% Lance Corporal.

Clux4

Banned
Wow. Not surprisingly, you try to justify your shadiness as legit. You should have just enlisted. You're about one "good thought" away from a typical 10% Lance Corporal.

Rather than putting me down, I think you should really try to mentor me.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Rather than putting me down, I think you should really try to mentor me.

Is that supposed to be sarcasm or stupidity?

Maybe in a context you'd understand...

"Hey there, Suppo, could you get me some of my next quarter's servmart money a month early? My CO really wants to get some stuff now to get ready for our det. I'd really appreciate it."

vs.

"Hey Suppo, I need some extra money to get some stuff done for my CO. If I give you $50, could you make it happen?"

That make it any clearer?

Clux4

Banned
Is that supposed to be sarcasm or stupidity?

Maybe in a context you'd understand...

"Hey there, Suppo, could you get me some of my next quarter's servmart money a month early? My CO really wants to get some stuff now to get ready for our det. I'd really appreciate it."

vs.

"Hey Suppo, I need some extra money to get some stuff done for my CO. If I give you $50, could you make it happen?"

That make it any clearer?

Stupidity or Sarcasm? Don't know, depends on who is reading it. But for a guy that believes he is the model officer, mentoring that Lance Corporal is not out of the ordinary; after all they are brothers-in-arms. But because he is Lance Corporal, he is not worth the time. He is probably a lost cause after all. But I am a "good thought" away from that Lance Corporal, so maybe there is hope for me.

So the Suppo never asked for anything right?

What if it was a case of beer and not $50?

What is the difference between scenario A and B if the guy comes back a week later with a case of beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.