• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

8 November 2015

Donald Auld

I have found mixed answers and my recruiter is not much help. During ocs if we are married will our wife receive BAH pay? I am concerned because I will not be able to support her during these three months and may need to take out a loan during this time for rent payments and such.

I was a non-prior with dependents at OCS this summer and I received BAH at the rate for my home of record.

This is a reply to the same question in the BAH at OCS thread. I am under the impression that BAH will be paid out. FINGERS CROSSED!!

Joey H

This is a reply to the same question in the BAH at OCS thread. I am under the impression that BAH will be paid out. FINGERS CROSSED!!
Thank you. I did see that thread, but then also saw mixed answers on google sights. So was unclear. My recruiter just keeps saying I will get back with you about that haha

Joey H

I will be getting my wisdom teeth pulled during week 9 at ocs. They do this service for you. Anybody else doing the same?

Jo N.

@RSWid I would just wait until Saturday night to get all your toiletries, either at the exchange or a store near your hotel. I've been corresponding with a girl that's at OCS right now and she says there is absolutely zero time to deal with your hair, so you'll be better off picking the easiest and quickest products for yourself (Two in one shampoo conditioners/shampoo body washes etc.) A lot of those bottles are pretty big.

As for boot socks, she also said they only issue three pairs and they are really uncomfortable. She said most of her class bought about 6 pairs of their own black quality boot socks (Fox River or Thorlo) and saved the issued pairs for RLP. I saw both of those brands at the Marine Corps exchange last week...so I'm sure it's something you could get at the NEX if you decided you wanted or needed them later on. I'm personally bringing a brand new, unused pair of running shoes in a plastic bag for RLP. Runoff from rain and snow is going to make cleaning everything a little more complicated, so worth a shot trying to use new ones if they'll let me.

RSWid

Do our running shoes have to be a specific color?
color doesn't matter or they would have noted it. trying to find an all solid color is very difficult. I was just go for a dark color so dirt doesn't show as much or something easy to clean if you aren't planning to take 2 pairs.

Donald Auld

OR just told me today that this is my unofficial start date. I'm SNA from the Sept board. Hope to see all of yall soon

That was a quick turnaround! I am SNA from the JUNE30 board. I just got my FINSEL two weeks ago! Either way, glad to have you!

All,

We should revisit the idea that was put out a while back of getting together the Saturday evening before we report. Thoughts?

Spenser

I am a fan of this idea! My plan is to be there mid-day Saturday.

SamVer05

That was a quick turnaround! I am SNA from the JUNE30 board. I just got my FINSEL two weeks ago! Either way, glad to have you!

Yeah man I know I definitely wasn't expecting to be anywhere until after New Years but I'll take whatever I can get. I still don't have my FINSEL or anything yet but thanks I appreciate it.