• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

8 November 2015

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Anyone neurotic like myself and already start to pack stuff together?

watch,
7 pair white crew neck shirts,
7 pair navy crew neck shirts,
5 pair black boot socks,
7 pair white crew socks,
2 running shoes,
2 towels/washcloths,
typical full-size toiletries
spray wrinkle remover,
lint roller,

stamps,
paperwork,
alarm clock

any glaring omissions y'all see
Are we allowed to have spray wrinkle remover ?

RSWid

so I'm trying to think of how I can bring my shampoo and condition and body wash and other hair care products and a razor... since I'm flying, I'm not able to have liquid contains that are more than 3.5 fluid ounces. That's not enough to get through even two weeks. Any ideas?

It's great to see everyone getting prepared... Physically and mentally. For those already packing the following is all we are allowed to bring per the DEP Guide, everything else will be stored or thrown out. This list is for men:

White crew socks- 7 pairs recommended
White underwear, briefs- 7 to 10 pairs recommended
White towel and washcloth- 1 each at minimum
Full size (not travel size) toiletries
- shaving hear with 6 weeks blade replacements
- toothbrush, paste, floss
- deodorant
- soap/shampoo
- nail clippers
Running shoes- 2 pair
Alarm clock- no radio function
Wristwatch- black or silver colored only
Wallet, checkbook, and bank card

DO NOT BRING
Aerosol containers
Aftershave and colgne
Hair styling products
Deodorant larger than 3 oz
Lighter fluid
Matches
Non-Navy books
Cards, dice, etc
Large stationary
No glass containers including mirrors
Double edge razor blades
Tobacco
Any nonprescription meds

Prior service dudes/dudettes. An obviously bring uniform items.

EVERYTHING we need will be issued...

Spenser

RSWid

the women's list is much the same except that we are to bring hair styling products, other basic female needs, and a one piece bathing suit.

@haimehhh that might be the way I need to go to have someone else take it up there for me.

Donald Auld

I'm starting this weekend! Thanks for the comprehensive list! However, you may want to add a lighter and some form of shoe shine.

The lighter will help with uniform frays and shoe shining.

Zachary Rhoades

@RSWid, last time I flew there was no "checked baggage" limit of amount of fluid. In other words, as long as you have your fluids in checked baggage, you should be able to carry as much as you wish.

RSWid

@Zachary Rhoades I wasn't planning to check a bag. My OR recommended that I don't because the off chance that it gets lost and then I'm left without the things that I need. I don't want to stress about it all flight.

Joey H

I have found mixed answers and my recruiter is not much help. During ocs if we are married will our wife receive BAH pay? I am concerned because I will not be able to support her during these three months and may need to take out a loan during this time for rent payments and such.

Joey H

depends on the airport– LAX is usually strict on all the rules, even for domestic flights.

guess that answers the question about wrinkle spray.
It also sounded that we did not need crew shirts? I may have misinterpreted that though?