• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

mke07

The latest I heard is that we should hear back any time between Friday and Tuesday (and I'm assuming not Saturday or Sunday).
I'm just hoping that these are the auto selects filling up that class cause that would be dope. I'm in a sticky situation where I don't know a thing because my current recruiter is transitioning out and the PO1 that picked me up isn't in today so the timing, as usual, is impeccable haha

So are all the people that have gotten word of being picked up today the pre-select's or are some of you like the rest of us who didn't get pre-selected? I was told it'd take around a week to get the results pushed out to the recruiters so just seeing if i need to give my guy a call or just hang out and wait for word?

Chairman4Life

Contributor
So are all the people that have gotten word of being picked up today the pre-select's or are some of you like the rest of us who didn't get pre-selected? I was told it'd take around a week to get the results pushed out to the recruiters so just seeing if i need to give my guy a call or just hang out and wait for word?
I gave mine a call... lol It seems like with this board no one really knows whats going on, not even most of the ORs.

mke07

I'll let you know tomorrow, unless someone else comes along before hand. My guess is yes, these guys were preselects, word didn't get to them before today, and that's why it's a quick turn around. That's just speculation though.

Meyerkord

pilot
I was originally told that as well. It would make sense if I was a pre-select, but I didn't get any confirmation of that.

Just speculation, but I'm imagining I was in the "these guys will get picked up but lets see if we can get them to ship early" stack.

mke07

I was originally told that as well. It would make sense if I was a pre-select, but I didn't get any confirmation of that.

Just speculation, but I'm imagining I was in the "these guys will get picked up but lets see if we can get them to ship early" stack.
This especially makes sense because the aviator/NFO pipeline is probably drying up for OCS with the last board having been about 4 months ago.

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO
This especially makes sense because the aviator/NFO pipeline is probably drying up for OCS with the last board having been about 4 months ago.
SNFO probably, SNA probably not. SNFOs have been grad and go, while SNAs have been doing OHARP and a long A-Pool. & if you get to A-Pool when NROTC/USNA guys get there in the summer...have fun.