• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

My understanding is you say when you are first available, and then the Navy takes it from there. You don't exactly get to pick the most convenient class for you, but you can say that date doesn't work, then get thrown back into the class lottery.
I don't recall being asked when I would be first available.

mke07

I was really confused as to why people were asking for access to the sheet. I was thinking "yeah, sure, I guess". Didn't realize the privacy settings were changed. I changed them back.

Dylan Lurie

Well you didn't actually look at the forms you filled out
Edit: Sorry that was dickish. You definitely told them a first date available on the APSR.

Interestingly enough, my recruiter had me leave the"first available" box blank on my APSR. Was this a mistake?

Seniuram

It's not all bad. Forcibly losing 20 pounds in 12 weeks is totally healthy and going to be an amazing experience!
I lost 10 pounds in a week during Hell Week in college. But that was lack of food not being PT'd until we die. You'll be fine.

Last edited:

jjg

Nah you're right; I didn't read everything thoroughly. I probably just said ready whenever.
I made a similar mistake. I originally chose ASAP for the July board but that was during the summer right after I graduated and was unemployed. But I forgot to mention to my new recruiter that I may need more time now and I didn't change it.

mke07

Interestingly enough, my recruiter had me leave the"first available" box blank on my APSR. Was this a mistake?
Your recruiter confirms your availability when your pro rec comes in. The date on the APSR just gives them a hard availability date. So whenever I was filling mine out I was still in school so I put my first date available the day after commencement. If you don't put a date in you are just saying you're available whenever.

Dylan Lurie

Your recruiter confirms your availability when your pro rec comes in. The date on the APSR just gives them a hard availability date. So whenever I was filling mine out I was still in school so I put my first date available the day after commencement. If you don't put a date in you are just saying you're available whenever.

Alright thanks, I'll have to discuss this when my recruiter calls on Monday. I have a bunch of obligations this spring.