• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

Hey everyone, been lurking on this forum but haven't posted yet. I'm wondering, what exactly does Pro-Rec Y mean? Applied for NFO and found out I was accepted last Thursday, through pre-select.

I haven't heard back anything else from my recruiter, though I was told to expect more info early this week. Do I just have to wait longer? I'm getting anxious about going to OCS with all the people on here saying they're going to OCS next month or this month!

mke07

Hey everyone, been lurking on this forum but haven't posted yet. I'm wondering, what exactly does Pro-Rec Y mean? Applied for NFO and found out I was accepted last Thursday, through pre-select.

I haven't heard back anything else from my recruiter, though I was told to expect more info early this week. Do I just have to wait longer? I'm getting anxious about going to OCS with all the people on here saying they're going to OCS next month or this month!
All it means is you got accepted. All the people shipping right now are aviators. FOs are gonna be a while man, so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I noticed that all the people saying they were leaving soon were aviators. But my recruiter did tell me it would be likely within a couple months.

Just hard to tell because I have a second interview for a political job, where it wouldn't be worth taking if I wasn't going to be home at least until the summer. Not sure whether to turn it down or not.

mke07

I noticed that all the people saying they were leaving soon were aviators. But my recruiter did tell me it would be likely within a couple months.

Just hard to tell because I have a second interview for a political job, where it wouldn't be worth taking if I wasn't going to be home at least until the summer. Not sure whether to turn it down or not.
They give you paperwork to get you out of any contracts with any jobs. There isn't much of a reason not to take it unless you are completely unprepaired for OCS and need the time to get ready.

DavidNFO

All it means is you got accepted. All the people shipping right now are aviators. FOs are gonna be a while man, so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

How long is a while? Are they just pumping pilots through? Or are FO not needed at the moment?

mke07

How long is a while? Are they just pumping pilots through? Or are FO not needed at the moment?
However long the navy decides is a while. Could be tomorrow they start pumping the FOs could be this time next year. No one knows. What is clear though is that they are trying to get aviators in right now.

jjg

I'm a little confused about the final select process… My recruiter said he is waiting for Final Select (straight forward enough). But he said once he has it, I would basically be able to choose whenever I want to go. It seems like other SNAs from this thread are being pushed for as early as possible. Do you normally get a choice for OCS dates or do they just automtically assign you one once your Final Select is recieved?

Meyerkord

pilot
I'm a little confused about the final select process… My recruiter said he is waiting for Final Select (straight forward enough). But he said once he has it, I would basically be able to choose whenever I want to go. It seems like other SNAs from this thread are being pushed for as early as possible. Do you normally get a choice for OCS dates or do they just automtically assign you one once your Final Select is recieved?
Normally they put you where they want you, based on the date you said you could ship out.

Reactions: jjg

mke07

My understanding is you say when you are first available, and then the Navy takes it from there. You don't exactly get to pick the most convenient class for you, but you can say that date doesn't work, then get thrown back into the class lottery.

Reactions: jjg

jjg

Normally they put you where they want you, based on the date you said you could ship out.

My understanding is you say when you are first available, and then the Navy takes it from there. You don't exactly get to pick the most convenient class for you, but you can say that date doesn't work, then get thrown back into the class lottery.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys! I see there is a March class but I'm aiming for the 08 April one so I can give my current job a little more notice and get more physically/mentally ready.