• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

nmelin17

Hey all, prior enlisted submitting for this board. Unfortunately I won't be able to graduate OCS before turning 29 so NFO it is. Good luck to everyone else!

Applying: NFO
Degree: Political Science, UC Berkeley
GPA: 3.89
OAR: 59
ASTB: 6/5/6
Previously an airframer, not sure if that makes a difference to the board but at least I know the culture ahead of time.

prospet

Checking In
Norfolk, VA
My name is Andrew.
Age 24
QAR: 48
ASTB: 6/7/6
GPA: 3.28
BS Biology
Applying for both SNA and SNFO.

Matty Morocco

My recruiter said my packet is in for this board pending medical. Here's my stats:

ASTB: 58 7/7/7
Interviews: O-6
Degree: B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies
GPA: 3.1
Applied for SNA

BossHogg

Hello everyone, applying for this board.

OAR/ASTB: 62 8/8/8
Degree: Political Science, Columbia U.
GPA: 3.3
NFO Only

Matty Morocco

I would trust Rufio more. I have just heard that from many places. I guess the rationale is while there is also a lack of aviators, there's an even bigger gap with the number of FOs. Even further,
I was pretty sure in this fiscal year's selection process makes it so you have to apply for both if you qualify, but I could be wrong on that. Take it with a grain of salt since this is a lot of through the grapevine stuff, but I'm positive I've seen it on these forums before that it hurts your chances if you only apply for one.

I would say that if you apply for both, they will very likely take you as an NFO because of the forementioned NFO gap. As RUFiO said, only apply for the positions you desire. My recruiter has echoed this sentiment.

Trevtofly

Since my package is already up at NRC is it possible to take me number 2 choice of NFO off and just leave SNA. Or do I just have to see what the results are now.

FrostedFlakes

Hey everyone. First time checking in. February can't come soon enough. Good luck to everyone.

ASTB: 51 5/6/5
Degree: B.S. Computer Science, Math minor, APSU
GPA: 3.09
Applying: SNFO only

Caleb Augustin

Hey guys, I'm taking the ASTB-E next week. Anyone have any advice on the mechanical comprehension section? This seems to be the only section that gives me trouble.

Checking in for the February board. I took the ASTB down in Houston yesterday but still waiting to schedule my physical.

Applying: SNA, NFO
Degree: International Studies and Aviation Science
GPA: 3.1
OAR: 61
ASTB: 7/6/8
Private Pilot's License with roughly 70 hours.

D

Deleted member 66584

Hey everybody, finally checking in for one of these. Good luck to all. Go Navy beat Army!

SNA/SWO/INT
GPA: 3.8
ASTB : 53 - 6/7/6
Eight years of enlisted naval aviation experience.
27 Years old(old man)
Private Pilot with a Tailwheel Endorsement