• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

Chairman4Life

Contributor
Hey everyone! I'll be submitting to this board as well. In the past I almost submitted to the JUL17 Aviation board, but had N3M deny me the week prior to package due dates, causing me to miss the board. I was able to get the decision overturned and I submitted to the OCT17 Aviation board, but was tabled because of a mistake that my recruiter's processor made in updating my N3M approval letter. Hopefully third time is the charm in the FEB18 board and I can make it to the board this time. My stats are in my signature, but I will also post them below. Good luck!

Active Duty: 5 Years (Air Force SSgt)
2W1X1 Aircraft Armament Systems (F-22/A-10)
Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
Applying: SNA and NFO
Degree: ERAU, B.S. in Aeronautics (Minor in Aviation Safety & Technical Management)
GPA: 3.3
LORS: O-4 (Commander)/E-7 (Flight Chief)/E-6 (Direct Supervisor)
ASTB-E: 50 5/8/6

Deathplayr

Why are you waiting to long to take the ASTB?

I'd like a little bit more time to study up; been tough with all my other classes this semester. I asked my recruiter and they don't have a problem with it. I hindsight I should've taken it earlier in the semester, but I may try to squeeze it in later in November if I feel confident enough.

BGould6862

I'd like a little bit more time to study up; been tough with all my other classes this semester. I asked my recruiter and they don't have a problem with it. I hindsight I should've taken it earlier in the semester, but I may try to squeeze it in later in November if I feel confident enough.

If you can swing it, you could even take it without studying this month or very early November, and then you'll know exactly what to study for when you take it in December. You only need to wait 31 days between tests, and you're almost guaranteed to get a better score the second time around. Might not be a good idea to risk your whole package on a one-shot exam before papers are due

dreamtoserve

Checking in (I hope). Waiting on a waiver for kidney stones, fingers crossed.
BS/BA: biology and psychology
GPA: 3.34
ASTB: 54 7/8/8
Missed the last board, just waiting to hear if I'm gonna get cleared at all

Standemup

Checking In for this board
Pro-Rec N July SNA board
Have to apply SNA/NFO with new changes recruiter informed me, no interest in NFO
BBA Aviation Management
GPA: 3.413
ASTB: 56 7/9/7
Several Pilot and Flight instructor ratings/certs
600+ flight hours
Waivers for 3 misdemeanors as juvenile involving Alcohol/para

Old ASTB: 56 7/6/6
prior GPA: 3.3
graduated since last board

not_the_lasagna

pilot
Apparently if you qualify for both SNA and NFO and don't apply for both it severely hurts your chances of getting SNA.

Is this true? This seems counter-intuitive. Applicants who scored high on one section likely scored similarly on another. Because I scored high on the PFAR, I would feel more secure in applying for SNA only, despite also scoring high on the FOFAR. It doesn't change my mind about what I'm applying for, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why would i have a decreased likelihood of acceptance with multiple high scores because I'm applying for only one position as opposed to someone else with a lower score on one section applying for only one position?

mke07

Is this true? This seems counter-intuitive. Applicants who scored high on one section likely scored similarly on another. Because I scored high on the PFAR, I would feel more secure in applying for SNA only, despite also scoring high on the FOFAR. It doesn't change my mind about what I'm applying for, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why would i have a decreased likelihood of acceptance with multiple high scores because I'm applying for only one position as opposed to someone else with a lower score on one section applying for only one position?
I would trust Rufio more. I have just heard that from many places. I guess the rationale is while there is also a lack of aviators, there's an even bigger gap with the number of FOs. Even further,
I was pretty sure in this fiscal year's selection process makes it so you have to apply for both if you qualify, but I could be wrong on that. Take it with a grain of salt since this is a lot of through the grapevine stuff, but I'm positive I've seen it on these forums before that it hurts your chances if you only apply for one.