• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 AUG 17 SWO board

OCSorBust

SWO primarily looks at your GPA and OAR scores. Other programs say like supply or Intel look at other varying factors like LORs in your application.

IYHO if a fleet applicant has completed a degree while on active duty and has a sub-par OAR and GPA, does one still have a fighting chance to be considered?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
IYHO if a fleet applicant has completed a degree while on active duty and has a sub-par OAR and GPA, does one still have a fighting chance to be considered?

Not really. Boards want most qualified and the GPA/OAR score is usually what the board members look for first. Being active duty does not put you in an advantage over some kid off the street.

Able05

Thank you for the honest reply.
My OR told me that the SWO board usually makes their selections within a few hours (unlike other boards). I imagine that 70% or more of the selectees are skimmed from off the top of the OAR and GPA rankings in a spreadsheet, and the remainder of the middle ground applicants see varying degrees of consideration depending on the forecasted manning requirements.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My OR told me that the SWO board usually makes their selections within a few hours (unlike other boards). I imagine that 70% or more of the selectees are skimmed from off the top of the OAR and GPA rankings in a spreadsheet, and the remainder of the middle ground applicants see varying degrees of consideration depending on the forecasted manning requirements.

Pilot/NFO does the same thing roughly.

T. Blue

Good luck to everyone as well! Post results and stats for those of us who may come up short for future reference!

Michael Collins

GPA 3.476 OAR 61. I don't know what the average GPA or OAR scores are that accepted applicants, but I am hoping my scores and grades get me in.

Chin

I am going in with 3.7 GPA/ 48 OAR. Well, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Good Luck to everyone!