• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"612, Charlie, spot...."

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm sober, therefore I don't want to talk about the Stabilator on my aircraft. That said...maybe I'll pay attention to the stab's indicator during autos tomorrow....

Like Gator and Hokie have said, there's no reason to look at the stab indicator during a practice auto. Your scan needs to be focused on the important stuff. You'll get more then enough chances to check the stab position in an auto during one of the hundreds of FCFs you'll do.

The only time I ever really look at the stab indicator during a normal flight is on first takeoff, when we check to make sure that it's programming normally.

busdriver

None
Looks to me like someone got a bit carried away on the approach. I've never seen more than 30 degrees high in an auto, let alone a tactical maneuver. Have your non flying pilot time you sometime. All the bobbling at the bottom costs you seconds, than if you just eased it off a bit. I've always found it's faster to fly the quickstop to just prior to terminal altitude then continue the last 10-20 feet in a normal approach attitude, than to try to finish at your intended infil point. What's even worse is if you farkle it up and have to go around for a second try. 2 extra seconds on your first try is better than 2 extra minutes on your second. Go-arounds can cost lives, make the first approach your only approach.

phrogpilot73

you guys are gay for even talking about this.
If a jet guy thinks I'm gay, then I'm fine with it. After all, everyone KNOWS you're gay and you're just trying to divert attention away.

For the record - the only man I've ever known that wore Capris? An F/A-18 guy.

Bevo16

pilot
Don't forget the empty bandoleer of pencil flares and the photos of sloppy kisses that they plant on our poor AW's.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Hahahaha... awesome. I leave my computer up on the duty desk, and another JO has ruffled all your feathers.

All in good fun guys!

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
I guess it's just our deep seeded jealously for not having the ability to slow down to a dead stop in mid air from a terrifying, mind bending 40 kt approach.