• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

50 Cent trained at Vance

Coota0

None
Retired Dallas Cowboy Chad Hennings was an A-10 driver. At 6'6", 291 lbs would he have required a waiver to fly the A-10?

I know his was a pilot in the USAF in the first Gulf War, but I heard he flew F-16s not A-10s.

Pat Robertson a Marine Officer? Wow.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
I know his was a pilot in the USAF in the first Gulf War, but I heard he flew F-16s not A-10s.

Negative. From his bio on ChadHennings.com

"Although best known for his role with America's Team, Chad Hennings' successes began long before his professional football career. An accomplished lineman in high school, Hennings was offered full scholarships from universities across the nation. Instead, he chose to attend the U.S. Air Force Academy, where he racked up numerous honors academically and on the gridiron. Named most valuable athlete at the academy, he earned defensive player of the year honors from the Western Athletic Conference and was named to the WAC's All-Decade Team. In addition, he received the 1987 Outland Trophy, given to the country’s outstanding lineman, and the most valuable player designation at the 1988 Freedom Bowl. A two-time Academic All-American, Hennings was inducted into the GTE Academic All-American Hall of Fame.

His exemplary achievements put him at the top of many draft lists and earned him a spot on the Dallas Cowboys’ roster, but Hennings postponed his entry into the National Football League to fulfill his commitment to the U.S. Air Force. He entered the Euro-NATO program, a training program for top pilots, and soon found himself at the controls of the A-10 Thunderbolt.

During his four-year stint with the Air Force, Hennings flew 45 missions in support of Operation Provide Comfort in northern Iraq, an effort that helped provide relief and humanitarian aid to Kurdish refugees. He received two aerial achievement medals, a humanitarian award and an outstanding unit award for his actions in the service.

After his discharge, Hennings joined the Dallas Cowboys, quickly earning a starting position as a defensive lineman. He spent his entire 9-year professional football career with the Cowboys, retiring in 2001 with three Super Bowl rings. His knowledge of the game and recognizable personality led to co-hosting gigs on various radio and television shows about the Cowboys.

Chad is the president of Hennings Management Corporation, a marketing and consulting company. He is also a principal in TRW, a rock retaining wall business."

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
here we go. Bill Cosby, a Navy Corpsman. He spoke at FAMU (where we were sworn in again out of ROTC) commencement. Gave us "mad props".

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
that was one of the many rumors going around when I was there

Again, never heard that and I doubt it is true. I sawnothing in his online bios about it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
i think Fred Durst from Limp Biscuit is from Pensacola and was in the Navy... not that I even care... haha

Limp Bizkit is from Jacksonville - not in the Navy. Played on stage with them at Shades, Choices and River City Brewery back before they were famous. :D

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Jimi (John Allen) Hendrix .... 101st Airborne

Brian Dennehy .... fraud ... claimed to be Vietnam vet ... never set foot in VN

Ross Perot ... obtained a "hardship" :( discharge from USN (officer-USNA grad) ... doesn't like to discuss the circumstances

Clint Eastwood ... bought me a drink @ the Fairmont Hotel :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Jimmy Buffett ... never spent a day in any uniform of the US military, Coasties or otherwise. Squeaked through college during the VN years with near failing grades and student draft deferments --- got married immediately upon graduation ... draft lotteries and a late number ended any realistic chance of being drafted ... got divorced ... the rest is history ... :)