• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

50 Cent trained at Vance

Limp Bizkit is from Jacksonville - not in the Navy. Played on stage with them at Shades, Choices and River City Brewery back before they were famous. :D

Brett

Seriously?! Those guys were my BAND all through high school. I popped in their CDs just yesterday while going to and from base.

Wes Borland is money on the guitar. Too bad he doesn't have more stuff out there. Familiar with the song ("Coward") he recorded with Danny Lohner for Underworld II? It rocks.

-jai5w4

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously?! Those guys were my BAND all through high school. I popped in their CDs just yesterday while going to and from base.

Wes Borland is money on the base. Too bad he doesn't have more stuff out there. Familiar with the song ("Coward") he recorded with Danny Lohner for Underworld II? It rocks.

-jai5w4

They were a lot less polished and more punk-like back in the day, but still great musicians. I think they had a different drummer at the time too. Whatever happened to them anyway? They kind of disintegrated, so it seems.

Brett

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
They were a lot less polished and more punk-like back in the day, but still great musicians. I think they had a different drummer at the time too. Whatever happened to them anyway? They kind of disintegrated, so it seems.

Brett

Wes left the band and they stopped making good music.

Old NFO

None
MC Hammer is a former VP-47 alumn... think he worked in maintenance
Actually he was a E5 skivvy stacker (AK) in 47 in the 80's. A couple of his fellow enlisteds from VP in Moffett loaned him some $$ to get started and they hit the jackpot. One kid was given a drop nose 911 Turbo by Hammer. Also, Montel Williams was a LCDR intel type, not a Marine or a SEAL. He served on a couple of carriers, I "think" Big E was one...

Brett

Wes got into it with Fred over the "selling out" of Limp, he left, then came back. Actually did some work on their latest (read last) album in '02-'03 timeframe. I liked it a LOT better than their previous album. Not sure about Limp as a whole, but I know Wes has been doing some work with other bands (From First to Last, etc). Their first album is money as well.

-jai5w4