• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

50 Cent trained at Vance

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
There are lots of little funny military ironies.

Who's the most famous Gunnery Sergeant around today...R. Lee Ermey right...who actually never made Gunnery Sergeant as an active duty Marine.

Not discrediting him or his service btw...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are lots of little funny military ironies.

Who's the most famous Gunnery Sergeant around today...R. Lee Ermey right...who actually never made Gunnery Sergeant as an active duty Marine.

Not discrediting him or his service btw...

Made Staff Sergeant. He was medically discharged due to severe wounds from Vietnam. He was honorably given the rank of Gunnery Sergeant from the Marines due to his continued "service". I think he earned it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, Drew Carey and Maynard of Tool are surprises.

How do you think Drew Carey got his glasses... those are Gov't Issue.

drew_marine.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
just like Jimmy Buffet went to the Naval Academy and The Citadel and was kicked out of both

I never heard that, and I graduated from the Citadel.

IRfly

None
Hah hah...Chuck Norris was in the Air Force? No wonder he has to play the "tough guy" in all of his movies. I'll say this though--my respect for his acting abilities just went up.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
RetreadRand said:
just like Jimmy Buffet went to the Naval Academy and The Citadel and was kicked out of both
Jimmy Buffet supposedly was in the Coast Guard stationed out of Key West, but was kicked out due to smokin' some "grass" as they said way back when.
Total BS, of course.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Now Vanilla Ice in the Air Force. Yea, thats totally believable :D

Yeah, but back then "Iceman" was cool. He was an Airman just before his thug life took that wrong turn towards celebrity-ville. He certainly kept it real, both on base and off. Dealing with his IMPAC card, racking up huge bling-bills with his GCC. That cat was hardcore! Mad ATC-rhyming skills.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
You know, he's making a movie where he plays a green beret. And from the pictures I've seen, it's going to be terrible, that and the producers apparently didn't pay any attention to their military technical advisors.
he plays a supply guy who goes crazy (along with most of the platoon it seems). Just another anti iraq war movie. The preview is played before "flyboys" which wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about old school military: actor James "Jimmy" Stewart. Look him up. From memory sake... I thought he enlisted first in the Army Reserve and then became a pilot (and therefore officer)...flew combat missions over Germany.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
How about old school military: actor James "Jimmy" Stewart. Look him up. From memory sake... I thought he enlisted first in the Army Reserve and then became a pilot (and therefore officer)...flew combat missions over Germany.

Stewart went on to become a Brigadier General in the reserves. Great American, they broke the mold after him.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Retired Dallas Cowboy Chad Hennings was an A-10 driver. At 6'6", 291 lbs would he have required a waiver to fly the A-10?